Chapter 10

Harlock sat on the Elysium petting Thunder and Lightning at the place they were told to go when Nexis boarded the Elysium. Harlock ran to Nexis who curled into a ball and started to look normal. "Where is Halo Nexis, did she make it here?" Harlock questioned the small dragon who look up to him then laid his head back down.

"Nexis says she sent him here and she would be okay, but she was captured by the Gaia Legion." Kelly said and Nexis gave a nod, "I can tell because I can trace her dark matter."

"Kelly where is she going?" Harlock said petting the small dragon who is trembling.

"She is in a dark matter containment cell in the orbit of Mars." Kelly said as Helix ran to Nexis, "They are broadcasting her in the cell, would you like to see it?"

"Please Kelly," Harlock said as a screen appeared next to the two of them.

"This is live footage from the holding cell of Halo Lockhart, Captain of the Elysium, and partner to the infamous criminal Captain Harlock." the announcer said while they moved the camera around in the small room as Gaia soldiers took her armor off, "Miss Lockhart helped Harlock destroy Earth, in the process she had developed dragon wing, she is no longer a human, she is a monster." The camera zoomed into her face so the people could see her horns and her right eye. "They are going to start taking away her dark matter in five minutes so keep watching to see her punishment." the announcer said as the screen became fixed on her face and the Gaia soldiers who took her armor pieces and some scale samples from her wings left."She is not a monster, she is Halo." Harlock said going to the Arcadia, "Kelly I'm going to save her please send a link to that broadcast to my ship. Hold on Halo"

Watching the broadcast as he was on a course to Mars with The Elysium following close behind, they started her torture early. As they took the dark matter from her, she screamed in pain and her scar opened to a wound first. She clenched her fists around the chains around her wrist and started to create dark matter and started to tear the chains out of the walls, what she didn't know was that Harlock and the Arcadia are hidden next to the ship that has her captive. Logan crept around the ship in his old Gaia armor to find Halo's armor and weapon to get them to the Elysium and find out where she is. Halo's horns were becoming longer the longer she created dark matter. "Logan she is in cell 001 DMC," Kelly said thru the mic she equipped his helmet with, "her armor and her weapons are in Containment 094. At all cost, stay away from her cell she is going to break out soon I know it."

"How do you know that Kelly?" Harlock said preparing to board to grab Halo and run.

"Remember we are sisters and I can sense her dark matter."

"This is crazy," the announcer of her execution started talking, "Halo is creating more dark matter then the containment cell can handle."

"Harlock" Halo whispered but the camera picked up her voice. Then the camera went to see the length of her horns, she used this to her advantage and stabbed one of her horns thru the camera.

"Harlock, I would go now if I were you," Kelly said right after Halo took the camera out.

"Can you disable the security system for me?" Harlock said as Logan came back with a map to her cell and the box with her armor and weapons in it.

"Easy as pie, now go," Kelly said as she started to hack the system.

Before Harlock even left his ship Kelly had already hacked the system. Harlock started walking down the cellblock that Logan said her cell was when he started hearing metal chains breaking and being dragged around on concrete. BOOM, BANG, CLANG, CRASH, Harlock heard a door being ran into and chains hitting the heavy metal door. Harlock reached the cell and opened the door to see Halo against the wall looking at the ground. As soon as the door opened, Halo looked up and started to snarl and show her teeth. Her canines were sharp to a point, there were dark scale-like markings around her face, Her right eye was emitting a blue and violet light and her left was the same color as the right. After she saw Harlock in the doorway she went back to looking at the floor and started sobbing. "Halo?" Harlock said taking one step closer to her.

"Go away Harlock," Halo said moving to the corner of the room and hiding herself with her wings still sobbing.

"Halo, I'm not going anywhere without you." Harlock said stepping towards her and then kneeled next to her.

"Harlock, let me die in peace, let a monster fall peacefully, please. I've lost myself trying to defeat a whole fleet by myself and trying to escape, there is no saving me. They're right I am a real monster, not human, even if I was the last person to leave Earth after Gaia formed." Halo said putting her hand to her right eye and removing it again to reveal dark matter colored blood on her glove.

"No, I will not Halo. I thought you were dead for a hundred years, I got to see you for two days and now you truly are dying, and I won't let that happen, not to my beautiful Halo." Harlock said moving her wing to pick her up.

"You don't get it do, there is no way to save me," Halo said trying to get Harlock to drop her but her struggle was in vain, his grip around her trembling body was strong.

"Let's get you out of here," Harlock said starting to run with her in his arms.

"Harlock I can run, put me down," Halo said as her wing became a cape when she asked.
"Fine," Harlock said putting her on the ground, "Follow me." Harlock started to run and Halo caught up to him quick. Gaia soldiers appeared in front of them and Harlock attacked half of them and the other half came after Halo. Halo summoned a sniper rifle made of dark matter and started firing bullets into the soldier's heads before long the whole group of soldiers was dead. Halo sniper rifle disappeared and she stood up and started to run to Harlock. Halo saw a bullet wound in his shoulder, "Harlock, you were shot." Halo said as her hand gathered some dark matter.

"Halo, I'm fine," Harlock said trying to hide his pain.

"No you're not, hold still," Halo said as her hand got close to his wound. The dark matter that was in her hand closed the wound on his shoulder. "Halo, what did you do?" Harlock said touching where the wound once was.

"My dark matter can heal wounds but I take the wound for the person I help," Halo said reaching her shoulder where Harlock was shot to reveal more of her blood.

"Halo, we have to get you away from here now!" Harlock said urgently. He grabs her hand and started running. They got back to the Arcadia and the Elysium with ease and Halo went to the bridge of the Elysium. "Normality prepare the Railgun," Halo said as she walked towards the helm in her clothes soaked in her own blood.

"Yes, Halo. What's the target?" Normality said as she started to activate the railgun.

"That goddamn ship that I was stuck on," Halo said as Kelly's hologram appeared next to her.

"Sis, go to your room, Change, and rest, you need it," Kelly said as Halo grabbed a hold of the helm.

"No, I must watch that death trap fall and see what the council thinks of me still after they watched me bleed." Halo said as she turned the Elysium to face the prison ship she was on, "Normality, is it ready?"

"Yes, the railgun is ready to fire." Normality said as she opened the mouth to the dragon skull.

"Good... FIRE!!!" Halo shouted and Normality did as Halo asked. The round of pure dark matter destroyed the ship in seconds. "They still see me as a monster, but I'm a monster they won't catch," Halo said as she fell to the ground and a pool of blood formed around her.