Chapter 5: White Knight Part 2

[???] "I'm impressed, I didn't think you'd be able to notice me."

The armoured man that saunters out of the shadows offers his praise to the boy for discovering him.

[Sol] "it's not like you blend in."

The man tilts his head in mock thought for a moment before replying.

[Man] "touché."
[Sol] "so, you're with the guys back in the cave?"
[Man] "I am. And you? You came here directly so you've obviously got some purpose for coming. Was it a test of courage?"
[Sol] "I'm really getting fed up with you people treating me like some brat."

The man laughs for a few moments before once again facing the pair.

[Man] "the fact that you found me is reason enough to realise that you're not just some kid. And your girlfriend's obviously seen some action."
[Sol] "okay, so you're just being patronising then."
[Man] "exactly."

An awkward silence fills the air before Sol sighs, gripping his mask tight in his hands before moving to place it on his face.

[Man] "you know I've already seen your face right? No use hiding it behind that mask now."
[Sol] "yeah, well, this isn't that kind of mask."
[Man] "hm?"

After placing the mask on, it seems to firmly grasp Sol's face. The familiar right sided horn appears through a thick smoke and his right eye behind his mask becomes the deep yellow and red colour of a Grimms.

[Yang] "Sol?"
[Man] "whoa, that's new."

Sol turns his head to face yang with a warm smile on his face.

[Sol] "What's up?"
[Yang] "you...are you?"
[Sol] "who else were you expecting?"
[Yang] "I...Just beat him up already."
[Sol] "Yes ma'am!"

The battle starts as Sol dashes towards the armoured man, baring his Great sword at his side and swinging it as he reaches him. The man ducks below the blade, moving forward as he does and makes a beeline for Yang.

[Sol] "No you don't!"

Swivelling around, Sol throws his massive weapon like a dagger at the man. He swiftly darts to the left, allowing the blade to continue towards Yang, however, Sol grabs ahold of the chain connecting the sword with his wrist device, wrapping it around his hand and swinging the blade at the man once again. As if he had seen it coming, the man twists and leaps over the blade, placing his hand on the flat off the blade as he jumps the razor sharp hurdle. Following this, the man dashes towards the now seemingly defenceless Sol. The white haired boy smirks as the chain begins rapidly receding back into his wrist device, bringing the sword along with it.

The sword makes the journey faster, landing safely in Sol's hand as he swings at the charging man, only for him to use the flat of the blade as a step, flipping over the boy and into the air. Sol responds to the mans acrobatics by once again tossing the blade at the airborne man, pulling the chain to stop the blade short as he, himself, leaps atop the blade to get closer. Rewinding the chain, Sol spins in the air and delivers three powerful, spinning slashes that send the man to the ground. Grunting at the impact, the man simply rolls backwards to negate most of the damage from the fall.

The moment that Sol's feet touch the ground, he finds that the mans palms have found their place on his chest as they push him with immense force through the air towards a forested area. As he pushes through the brush, Sol flings his blade out to wrap itself around a nearby tree, allowing him to swing himself, adding to the already large amount of momentum, straight at the man. The tree collapses as Sol flies at the man, slashing at him when he reaches his target. The man expertly avoids the attacks before flipping on the spot and kicking Sol in the chin. As this is happening, Yang has run off to her bike, searching the luggage frantically.