Chapter 9: Fair Trade

[Sol] "alright, let's see if I've got this right. You guys are a part of an off the books Atlas department called Yggdrasil. A few years ago, a splinter group formed and sided with an unknown benefactor. Your purpose here is to learn what caused the disappearance of the Grimm dragon that lived here in an effort to get rid of the one at Beacon. Am I missing anything?"
[Woman] "you appear to have ignored our names but yes, for the most part that is correct."
[Sol] "don't think too highly of yourselves. I don't tend to remember the names of every home invader I come across."

Sol and Yang are parlaying with the group of home invaders with tension flowing steadily through the air, discovering that the group is under the command of General Ironwood.

[Yang] "I have a question."
[Woman] "yes?"
[Yang] "is it intentional?"
[Woman] "what?"

The woman looks at Yang with a quizzical expression on her face, clearly not understanding what Yang is trying to say.

[Yang] "your name, it's, never mind."

The older woman gives Yang a look as if to say the blonde may have a few screws loose but Yang doesn't seem to notice.

[Woman] "anyway, as I said, my name is Brianna Opal and I'm the one in charge of this operation. If you have anymore questions then please, feel free to ask."
[Sol] "okay...I've got one or, two actually. First of all, what's with the sudden 180 degree shift in treatment? And why did you call off your bodyguard?"
[Brianna] "I believe both of those questions have the same answer. Apparently, you have friends higher up in our organisation."
[Eins] "also, I'm not a bodyguard. I'm a knight."
[Yang] "A white knight?"
[Eins] "that."

Sol sighs at the sight of the strange group of scientists and decides to wander away to gaze around at the drawings located within the expansive cavern.

[Brianna] "although we are no longer enemies, I would still appreciate it if you would refrain from touching the artefacts."
[Sol] "these aren't artefacts."

Sol runs his fingers along a hand drawn picture of Ryu and their father, painted with a black substance made from mashing together various items from the forest. A smile creases along his face as he remembers the lessons they were taught. About the world, about how humans and Grimm saw the ideal versions of themselves. Both want power, both want intelligence, and once those things have been obtained, both want family.

[Sol] "they're memories."
[Brianna] "what?"
[Sol] "you want to know why the dragon here died? Because he cared more about his son than many humans do."
[Eins] "son? Another Grimm? Or a corrupted?"
[Sol] "My brother."
[Fin] "that-?! You can't be serious! You-"
[Brianna] "Quiet."

Fun shuts his mouth at Brianna's behest.

[Sol] "Grimm thrive off of Negative feelings. Since there weren't any within him or my brother, he starved."
[Brianna] "I...see. I suppose that means we won't learn how to get rid of the one in Beacon after all."
[Sol] "...I can help with that. On one condition."

Brianna pauses for a moment before replying cautiously.

[Brianna] "how exactly can you help us? And what is it you want?"

At this point, everyone is waiting in silence for Sol's reply. Wondering what kind of information he could offer, and what in the world he would ask from these people.

[Sol] "I can tell you their weak points, among other things. As for what I want..."

Sol's gaze shifts towards Eins, or more specifically, his left arm.

[Eins] "Hm?"
[Sol] "that arm is better than Ironwoods. I want you to make one of those."
[Eins] "planning on cutting your own arm off for it?"