Chapter 13: Revenge is a Poison pt.3

[Viper] "my luck? This is no game."

Ryu doesn't answer and simply smiles at his opponent, unsettling her and putting her off her game long enough for Ryu to land another powerful blast of wind, sending her flying. After doing so, he worriedly looks back towards his teammates currently attempting to fend off the pair of giant Grimm.

[Ren] "Their armour's too hard!"

Ren shouts as his blades seem to bounce off the Minotaurs arm. He lands next to Nora as she fires a flurry of grenades towards the creatures head, resulting in the Grimm protecting itself by raising its sturdy arms in front of its face. Once the smoke clears, the teens see that no damage has been dealt.

[Nora] "Smart too. Look at that one!"

The two look over to see Ruby and Jaune struggling against the other Grimm as it swings a wooden pillar towards them with astonishing force, only missing Ruby because of her speed and preventing Jaune from participating in the fight altogether.

[Ren] "it's not letting them get an attack in."
[Nora] "so let's hurry up and deal with this one so we can go help them!"
[Ren] "right!"

Back with Ryu, his Faunus opponent has regained her footing and appears livid, angered by Ryu constantly blowing her back. The sclera of her eyes are enshrouded with darkness as she rushes towards him, faster than before. Their weapons clash again and again, the sound of metal on metal resounding through the small town.

[Viper] "I'll kill you!"

As her mind is eroded slowly but surely by the Parasite within her, her attacks continue to increase in ferocity. A few more moments and she will reach him, Ryu knows this and grits his teeth, leaping backwards and away from his assailant.

[Viper] "What's wrong? Are you scared?"

As Ryu stares at his opponent, his thoughts are unfocused, remembering a scene he witnessed before they left the Xiao-Long residence.

[Yang] "Just make sure they don't do anything stupid."
[Qrow] "It's me, come on."
[Yang] "that goes double for you."
[Qrow] "Such distrust from my niece. It's a little heartbreaking."
[Yang] "Qrow. Keep my little sister safe."
[Qrow] "you don't need to worry. I'll protect them."

His thoughts are brought back to the situation at hand when he hears yet another roar from behind them. As Viper dashes towards him, he mutters a few words under his breath.

[Ryu] "Come on, where are you Qrow..."

It's at this point, that the Minotaur wielding a wooden pillar catches Ruby, attempting to smash its weapon down upon her.

[???] "what's up, kiddo?"
[Ruby] "huh...?"

Ruby looks up to see the figure of Qrow standing there, blocking the giant creatures attack with his great sword held above his head.

[Ruby] "Uncle Qrow!"

A smirk crosses Ryu's face when he hears Ruby shout out their protectors name.

[Viper] "What?"
[Ryu] "took him long enough."

Ryu's words attract Vipers attention.