Mind Your Own Business

A/N: To my surprise someone is reading this. So I decided to publish a new chapter.

Listen to the song. I think it makes an excellent contrast with what is happening in the story.

Monday, lunchtime

Elizabeth

As soon as I saw him I noticed that something about him was off. During the lunch period, I went to meet him at the usual spot. We were talking but he looked lost. His back was not touching the bench's backrest and he winced and shifted his body weight uncomfortably from time to time as if being sitting in any position resulted painful.

A wild thought crossed my mind. I reached closer to him, closed my eyes for a moment and concentrated on my nose. I took a deep breath and sniffed him. The smell of blood coming from his hidden skin was almost unbearable. 

He was hurt, probably with silver. I did not want to believe it, though. I knew he was mistreated, but torture with silver is used only by the most brutal packs and reserved for rogues. Another scent then hit me. He reeked of she-wolf, many of them. I needed to make sure, or I was going to go crazy. Fengari was already howling inside of me.

I smiled sweetly at him. "I need to get something from my reading chamber, please come with me."

He gulped and nodded, probably sensing that something was not right.

We stood up and walked back into the building. No, we are not going fast enough. I am going to lose control before we reach there. I took his hand and dragged him there, not caring about the obnoxious looks we were receiving. After last week none of them dared to follow me or even ask me anything, nonetheless.

We went into the library, passed the shelves of books and reached the small room. I locked the door behind me.

"Isaiah... What happened?"

"Nothing." He shrugged not meeting my gaze.

"Isaiah. I'm going crazy. I have no willpower to go around this nicely. Please, tell me what happened to you. I am begging you," I said in a pleading tone, my eyes surely flickering between blue and gold. He remained silent, not even moving.

I walked up to him and began unbuttoning his shirt. He was shocked but made no attempt to stop me. As soon as I reached the second button I saw cuts, some old, some very recent, displayed across his pale skin. I removed his shirt completely. He looked away from me whimpering.

He collapsed on the floor and I knelt to hug him, but he flinched a little. I patted his head while he cried and soon I was cradling his head on my chest, his hot tears wetting my shirt. I let him cry until he composed himself enough to talk. He did not attempt to free himself from my embrace, though.

"It was... my brother... and the Alpha... and other pack members... I lost count... Maybe it was the entire pack..." I kept caressing his hair in silence.

"They beat me up, cut me with silver knives, humiliate me... They always do all kinds of things to me... They even..." he choked up.

"Shhh... You don't have to explain anything else..." I tried to separate myself a little from him to reach for his face but he threw his arms around me refusing to let me move. He clung to me like his life depended on it. We stayed there in silence for a long while.

He finally let go of me and straightened himself but refused to look up. I peered at his face, but he moved away. I put my hands on his cheeks and forced him to look at me. He looked mortified.

"I don't need you to feel sorry for me. I've survived all these years, and if say I am fine! So stop with your pity fest, Elizabeth. I do not need it. Just leave me alone!," he yelled, his voice full of anger. He stood up and put his shirt back on.