Sorry

Fengari

I spent the whole afternoon fighting against my instincts. His fresh smell was alluring and I craved his touch, but after this morning's incident, I knew I could not break his trust. Also, Elizabeth said that she wanted me to act angry for a while, right before she went to sleep and left me all alone with him. I swear this girl has no idea how wolves truly are. Just because I have self-control it does not mean I do not have the same intense instincts other wolves have. 

I am now about 80% convinced that he is mate. I can feel it, but he seems completely oblivious. After this weekend I doubt I would be able to control myself if I am put in a situation like this again. Elizabeth and I seriously need to talk. Every so often the smell of other she-wolves coming from him would make my skin crawl, so I had to look away and take deep breaths. I picked all those smells, though, and I will remember them. It will be the best for them if they never cross my path.

I avoided talking to him about what happened whenever he tried to bring out the topic. It seems like this guy wants to make me lose control as well. He looked irritated by the end of the meeting. He said that he did not need a ride today. Is he so mad that he rather walk than to be in the same place as me? Or is he meeting someone else? 

I could not hide the hurt when he faced me before walking away, and with that I could not hold myself any longer. As he was about to turn the doorknob I reached for his hand. His touch felt warm and send shivers down my spine. Without thinking I cupped his cheek with my other hand making him face me and... I kissed him.

He stood still for a second, probably still registering what was happening but then he returned the kiss placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer. I put my arms around his neck and he cupped my cheek with one hand and rested the other one in my lower back, deepening the kiss. 

My body came alive with his touch. Time seemed to stay still. The world outside this room did not matter anymore. I only knew that this was my place, in his arms. Never had I in my whole life experienced something that could bring me as much joy as his kiss. Suddenly, I became aware of what I had done. My eyes shot open, to meet his closed eyes. He looked... in bliss. I pulled away panicked. Elizabeth is not going to be happy.

No, I am not.

Were you conscious this whole time?

Since the moment you reached for his hand.

"Sorry" I said before giving control to Elizabeth.

Isaiah's POV:

For the first time since I met Fengari, I found emotions in her normally blank face. She looked at me like I was her dearest person in the world. I saw adoration in her gaze, I dare to say, which soon changed to shock. She said sorry and her eyes swiftly turned blue and I knew Elizabeth was back. I still had my hand on her lower back. She apologized and wriggled her way out of my grasp. Why does she keep on apologizing?

"We should go, and no. You are not walking to your pack," she said with an expressionless face before reaching the doorknob and leaving the room.

I collected myself and followed her in silence.

Once we reached her father's car he greeted us cheerfully. During the ride he and I talked for a while but Elizabeth put on her headphones and looked through the window deep in thought.

"Lizzie, are you listening?" Hunter asked but she did not react. Once he made sure she was indeed not paying attention to us he turned to me for a brief moment.

"Kid, you smell like blood and she-wolves. Is that why she is not talking to you? Did something happened?"

"No, sir. I just had trouble in my pack." I looked at my feet embarrassed at the realization that Elizabeth might be thinking the worse of me right now.