Chapter 1: My baby brother

"Jiminie~ Namjoon hyung, Jin hyung and I want to stop by at the new café. Do you want to come with us?" Taehyung asks while packing up his stuffs.

The school bell just rang a little while ago. Usually, they would spend their time together after school going to café, watching movies or just have a little chit-chat while enjoying some street food.

"Sorry! My baby brother will come home today, so I got to get ready to meet him!" Jimin packs up his stuffs excitedly and slings his backpack over his shoulder, ready to leave.

"Baby brother? I thought you're only son?" Namjoon asks curiously.

"Wait... did your dad remarried?" Jin asks, eyes widen.

"What? No~" Jimin throws a 'are you serious?' look at Jin.

"He used to be my neighbor back in Busan. Our parent are so close with each other. He's younger than me by two years. He's so cute with chubby cheeks! And for sure he's going to be smaller and shorter than me... aww my kookie~~ you're going to love him!" Jimin exclaimed excitedly. He seriously can't wait to go home and meet his baby brother.

"Ahh... I see. Seriously, I don't think there will be a person cuter than you Jimin. Now I'm curious about this baby brother of Jimin." Namjoon grins mischievously. Jimin whines a bit, saying he's anything but cute. Hey, he's a big brother to kookie right?

"Gotta go guys! See you tomorrow!" Jimin bolted home as fast as he can. He wish by the time he gets home, kookie will be there already.

Jeon Jungkook and his mother Jeon Younha is Jimin's neighbor when he's still living in Busan 11 years ago. Jungkook's mother struggles a lot when Jungkook's father died in a car accident when Jungkook is only 2 years old. Jihyun, Jimin's father tries his best to help and support Jungkook's family. Jungkook is two years younger than Jimin. So, when Jimin is 5 years old, and Jungkook 3 years old, they both has become best friend and inseparable since then.

Jimin has always treats Jungkook as a younger brother. He loves how cute Jungkook looks with his bunny teeth, chubby cheeks and big round eyes. Sincerely, for Jimin, Jungkook is the most adorable kid in the entire world.

Everyday back then, Jungkook will always follow Jimin wherever he goes, trailing behind him and calling him 'hyung, hyung' cutely. Jimin will address Jungkook as kookie because one, he's cute and two, he loves cookies so much. Better than cake.

Sadly, when Jimin turns 6, Jihyun was transferred to another branch in Seoul. So, he has no choice but to bring Jimin with him to Seoul. Even when they're living farther away from each other, Jihyun still support Younha financially. Every week, he would call Younha to ask them how they have been.

Last week, Younha called Jihyun saying that she got a job in Seoul and needed a place to stay for a while, of course Jihyun is more than happy to offer his place for them to stay. Jimin? Well, he's overjoyed knowing that his younger brother will come and live with him under the same roof. He can't wait to finally meet his baby brother.

-

"Appa! Is kookie and aunt Younha here?" Jimin shouts from the living room.

Once he enters the house, he can see everything is perfectly in order. No dust, no dirty dishes in the sink and in fact no mess at all. Their house is neat and tidy for once. Jimin stares in awe, amaze by the effort of his father.

"Not yet Chimmy. Aunt Younha just called, she will be arriving in the next 30 minutes. So, please help me out and set up Jungkook's room" Jihyun, Jimin's father, is now busy trying to fit in the whole stuffed chicken in the oven. Let's just say that none of the two is considered as a good cook. They can cook simple meals but a real food? Definitely a no-no.

"Kookie gets a room next to mine!" Jimin rushes upstairs even without listening to his father's answer. No matter what he said, kookie will be staying in the next room.

After a good 30 minutes, Jimin can hear the doorbell rings. He quickly runs downstairs excitedly because he really wants to meet his baby brother eagerly.

"Kooki-----"Jimin froze at the sight.

"Jimin?"

########################################################