When You Meet Again

Naruto:

As you watch the kids run around, well they aren't really kids, they're like three years younger than you. With your leg hanging out of the round-a-bout, you push yourself left and right out of boredom. You were waiting for the rest of your stuff to get here from Kiri.

Your eyes widened as the round-a-bout started to move on its own. You clung to one of the bars as you noticed a familiar blond running. He was pushing the round-a-bout, making it go faster each second.

"N-Naruto?" You call out, closing your eyes shut as he kept spinning the round-a-bout. You could hear his laughter and whenever you passed him, you could see his blurred self hunched over, his arms placed on his knees. In an attempt to stop yourself, you placed your foot out and onto the ground, hoping it would slow you down. Although, that only backfired. You ended up spinning off of it and landing on your butt.

"I-Itai..." You say as you wince.

"[Name]-Chan, are you alright?!" Naruto yelled. You could hear the smile in his voice. Does he find my misery funny? Making yourself tear up, you look up at him with a pout.

"Eh?! [Name]-Chan! Don't cry, I'm sorry!" Naruto said worryingly, waving his hands in front of my face. After wiping your eyes, you held your hand in front of your mouth as you let out a soft giggle. "Naruto, It's fine," You laugh.

"You weren't even crying, were you?" He asked, crossing his arms, starting to pout like a child. With a firm pat to his head, you held your hand out, with hopes he'll help you up. Rolling his eyes, he pulled you to your feet with little effort. Nodding your head to say 'thanks', you both continued playing in the park, despite being 16.

Gaara:

"Temari!" You called out to your new friend. While resting, you had managed to grab coffees when you had the chance. "Hello, [Name], You're looking well-rested," Temari commented as she walked up to you, placing her hands on her hips.

"Are you heading back?" She asked, a little smirk playing on her lips as she crosses her arms. With a wide smile, you nod your head. "Yeah, I feel so much better, so It should take me a day to get back." You say, brushing your hair back into a ponytail, putting your headband on afterwards. Temari's eyes narrowed, her happy exterior faded as she stared at you with a serious expression. Fortunately, it faded quickly.

"Ah, Gaara!" Temari says as she looks behind you, waving. Oh, Panda? You had deemed the nickname 'Panda' to him after meeting him, albeit, you would never call the Kazekage such a name. "Hello, Lord Kazekage," You say as you gave him a closed eye smile, crossing your arms over your chest while doing so.

"Gaara." He simply spoke as he hands Temari a scroll. "Ah, of course. Sorry, Gaara." You apologise but kept smiling. Quickly checking your bag to see if you have everything, you swiped your hand across your headband, running your thumb over it for luck.

"Temari will be accompanying you. Because she has business there and I don't want you exhausting yourself out again." Gaara says as he walks you both towards the gate. "Okay," You nodded your head in agreement.

"Let's get going, [Name]!" Temari shouted.

"Well, I'll probably have to come back again at some point. So, until then, Lord Gaara!" You say to him as you leave the gate, hearing him mutter: "Just Gaara."

As you look back at the redhead, you gave him a sweet smile. "I know."

"Hands off my brother," Temari said, giving you a playful expression as you caught up to her. "Sorry, It's just that he's really cute- adorable even!" You giggle and continue walking ahead.