When You Sing For Them

Naruto:
Naruto slammed the door behind him as he walked into my house. "Someone's angry," I commented as I walked out of the kitchen. For a slight moment, his eyes turned red, his whiskers grew thicker and I started to panic just for them to go back to normal. "Woah, Woah. Okay, time out, sit down." I spoke up, bringing a bottle of juice through for him.

Starting up the game console, I handed him the controller as I took the other one starting up one of Naruto's favourite fighting game. He sat there silent, but his leg was bouncing up and down out of frustration, he was also gritting his teeth. Halfway through the first fight, Naruto started to breathe heavier. Okay, so gaming wasn't working, what would? Singing? That should work, right?

As I placed my head on his shoulder, I made him lean back on the couch, continuing with the game. He tried to breathe slower but it wouldn't work and his leg started to bounce again.

I hummed the start of the song lightly before singing:

"This sinking feeling sets,
it feels just like a hole inside your chest.
I know you're thinking,
no, no, no, no,
it is easier said than done,
but please let me attest, i know it's hard.

You're feeling like you're trapped,
and that's how you react when you cannot see the light, but try and see the light.
And i'm telling you, no, no, no, no,
you're the only one standing in your way so take a breath,
relax."

I sang, forgetting about the game and turning his face towards me, smiling.

"And tell me why?
Please tell me why do we worry worried?
Why do we worry at all?
Just tell me why do we worry?
When worry's never helping tell me, why, why worry at all?"

I finished singing and kissed him, smiling into the kiss when his hand went up to my face, cupping my cheek. He hummed softly before pulling away, kissing my nose lightly. "Thank you, [Name]-Chan. I feel better now." Naruto said, placing his forehead against mine, smiling widely. "You've got a nice voice, Button!"

"Thank you, cutie."

Gaara:
"Hey, [Name]. Gaara's in his room, I don't think he could sleep last night." Kankuro explained as he opened the door further to allow me in. Nodding, I headed upstairs, pushing the door open slightly to peek into the room. He turned to face the door and moved his head.

"What're you doing here?" Gaara asked quietly as he sat up, his black circles around his eyes somehow looked even darker as I got closer. "Have you slept?" I asked him, sitting on the edge of his bed. He shook his head and lay back down, a small groan escaping as he rolled to the other side, facing his wall.

Shuffling into the bed, I tap his shoulder and he turns to me, his head resting on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair, emitting a low hum from him. Smiling at him, I started to sing:

"I can't sleep tonight,
wide awake and so confused.
Everything's in line, but i am bruised.
I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home.
I kinda need a hero, is it you?"

He closed his eyes as he started to smile.

"I never see the forest for the trees.
I could really use your melody.
Baby, I'm a little blind, I think it's time for you to find me.
Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me, I know you're there.
You could be my sanity, bring me peace, sing me to sleep.
Say you'll be my nightingale."