Chapter 6 | Choices

Janus' POV
Niko and Lira decided to slow down. I have no idea why nor did I want to... If the king found out what they were doing then there heads would be on his wall after he was done with them.... Dying isn't something I can afford to do right now considering I have a family at home depending on me to stay alive! I love Niko and Lira but I'm sorry... I can't stop and let her go.

Niko didn't look impressed by what I was deciding to do, neither did Lira. But I continued to run anyway, I really didn't want to even though I didn't know her they seemed like she was important.

As I chased the girl, I noticed her distinct features such as long silky black hair which was darker than the night sky with no moon, she also had a deep purple coloured iris which stood out so well not to mention her extremely pale skin which also stood out. I believe her name was Eda Valkrum, I had heard her name before... Not sure where but I knew of it.. However, that isn't the point, she could run really fast even if she was a little shaky on her feet and I could feel an immense power coming from her aura not like any I had ever felt before.. Well aside from an old friend of mine, he left years ago though!

Eda's POV
This man, I knew who he was but I honestly couldn't tell who he was. All I saw when I turned around was a head of silver hair and silver eyes, just noticing he was extremely close to me and could pin me at any second.

I tried to speed up but alas that was cut short by a skinny but strong hand gripping my wrist and pinning it behind my back along with the other one, I had no choice but the stop running as he pinned me to the wall showing pity but not much mercy in his eyes. I could tell he wanted to help me but that's not what he was there for. Actually, it was quite the opposite to that.. he was intending to take me back to the king and turn me in. I winced in pain at the price on my wrists and he loosened his grip.

Just then he said something that surprised me,
"I'll let you go if I can go with you and bring Lira and Niko with me." I didn't speak but simply nod at him with confusion in my eyes. He ushered his comrades over and we began to run through the castle. Unfortunately, something stopped us, I felt a sharp pain through my stomach....

Lira's POV
I saw her tumble to the ground in agony as a tall figure with distinct cat ears and tail stood greatly above her body. It was a man and by his power and looks we knew exactly who it was.. King Huno... My mouth began to tremble as I stepped carefully behind Niko; Janus took a step back and gasped. Eda grunted in pain and made an attempt at standing once again, a foot slammed her head back into the ground and she fell unconscious..

"Eda!!" I yelled not watching what I was saying..
"Oh? So you know who she is..? Interesting.. Tell me how.." He spoke, I refused to answer until he walk forward and a hand landed square on my cheek. A sharp pain went through my face and I gasped louder then I ever had before..

Akyo's POV
"Two down.... Two to go..." I said quietly.. A tear rolled down my cheek and a hitch in my breath choked my words.
"Damn right... She's down too.." Javoura spoke with evident fear in his voice... He felt it too... Her presence disappeared just like Miko's. We weren't exactly sure if they were... dead.. or just injured but no matter what I was gonna fear for the people that were practically my family since the day I met each of them...
"Wait.. what? II can't.. Your telling me that they're...." Tears streamed down a slightly tanned face which held stands of red hair down each side of it.

By this time each of us were gathered outside a kingdom... minus Miko and Eda...
"Our mission failed... That's how this works right..?" I cried.. my eyes began to grow puffy and red as well as my feet loosing balance which caused me to fall to my knees and sob until all tears left me body..... My hair swayed in the wind and the air grew silent.. Fitting for such a sad scene like this right........?