Momentum

***AN: I'm not done! 😩 But if I make you guys wait any longer, I might have murder on my hands! 😂 So here it is... 5 Chapters thus far. Enjoy the partial Mass Release, my loves!

~ o ~

November was coming to a close and Christmas Hols was fast approaching. Harry, however, was anything but happy about leaving Hogwarts for a couple of weeks. Not to mention the fact that there was an enormous possibility he wouldn't be able to see Draco during the break.

Rita Skeeter's article had been like kindling. It had ignited a blazing inferno, uncontrollable and all-consuming like Fiendfyre. It had sparked massive public outrage of inconceivable levels. Possibly, even Skeeter herself hadn't expected things to get so out of hand so blood fucking fast.

In the wake of the article's release, the public had begun to stage protests all over Wizarding London. At first, it had been to demand that the Ministry take action, to provide answers as to why their beloved Saviour had been consorting with a Death Eater and what's being done to investigate the matter. Days had rolled into weeks and with no answers seemingly forthcoming from the Ministry, the protests had become violent. With the aftermath of War still far too fresh, wounds had yet to scab, volatile emotions still running high, riots had begun to erupt and the Ministry was suddenly under siege.

It was complete mayhem and Harry, for once, suddenly felt utterly helpless. Draco had become increasingly withdrawn, preferring to shut himself in their dorm room. It only got steadily worse when once again the Malfoys were splashed front page on every single Wizarding newspaper: The Wizengamot, most likely in an effort to appease the enraged public, had finally announced that Lucius Malfoy and several other Death Eaters were to receive the Dementor's Kiss on the second week of December.

However, instead of calming the Wizarding community, it only served to encourage further violence, aimed at Purebloods whose only fault was their unfortunate familial relations to certain Death Eaters.

The Malfoy Manor had come under violent attack. Narcissa was only able to escape unscathed simply because the Manor's Wards had held long enough for a few Aurors to show up; their own Wards, ones meant to keep Narcissa in, had been tripped when she'd gotten too close to the property line. Had they been but a minute too late, Narcissa, wandless and helpless, would have been viciously attacked by a lynch mob.

Draco had been beside himself when he received his Mother's owl. She had been removed from the Manor and was being kept in a secret Ministry safehouse. That night, shaking and inconsolable, Draco had begged for Harry to make him forget, sobbing for bruising and nearly brutal sex. He'd shunned Harry's gentle ministrations and Harry, despite his misgivings, was unwilling to leave him alone. So Harry had done his best to oblige. He'd given Draco what he desired, made him forget everything, even if it was for just that single blissful moment when Draco had hurtled towards ecstasy and screamed out his orgasm.

* * *

Harry slowly awoke to the featherlight touches of slender fingers idly tracing patterns on his chest. Blinking blearily, his unfocused eyes met storm-cloud, gray orbs. They gazed at one another for a moment, reveling in the quiet of the morning, when it was just them and the rest of the world seemed so far away.