| 4 | Morty and Me

Your POV

The address that Marco gave me led me to a quiet neighborhood where the houses were bigger than average and yet felt homely at the same time. I remembered that this neighborhood was the favorite place of some celebrities to rent or build houses since security was tight and the houses had ample space in between each other.

So that left me with two things: either Marco's family was rich, or he had celebrity parents.

Either way, it still made me nervous as hell.

After double checking the address, I slow to a stop in front of a white painted house that didn't look like it belonged with the other grandiose ones. And that's not exactly bad either because it was still a beautiful three-story house that not just anyone could afford, and yet it had the most inviting aura out of all the glass cased cages surrounding it.

As I walked up the pathway, I could faintly hear the hum of music from the backyard along with a few shrill screams from children. I winced but knew that it's what I should've expected for the birthday party of a seven year old boy.

I knocked three times and straightened myself, my heart racing from nervousness. Of course, I wasn't exactly the most social kid that went to house parties during my high school years so I didn't know the proper decorum for these types of things. Was I supposed to bring something? Wine perhaps? That's what they always bring in the movies.

Wait, this is a birthday party for a kid, why the fuck would I bring wine? Get it together, Y/N, you're embarrassing me.

I was having mental arguments with myself when the door finally opened revealing a smiling woman. The first thing I noticed was how beautiful she was. I mean, yeah, technically Rose was also pretty but unlike her, this woman seemed approachable and dare I say it—warm.

"Hi," she greeted. "You must be Y/N?"

Oh, shit, Marco has been talking about me. Play it cool, Y/N. Don't let her think you're a weirdo. Just say 'yes, I am'. It's simple.

"Yam."

I am so fucking hopeless.

"I—I mean, I am yes—umm yes I am, Ms. Jauregui."

She giggled. "Oh, I'm not Marco's mom. My name is Ally and you're looking for Lauren. She's in the backyard with Marco. Come in and I'll call them for you."

I could only nod as I entered the foyer and a kid immediately zoomed past us from the living room to another room in the back of the house.

"Lulu, don't run you'll hurt yourself!" Ally shouted after the little girl. "I'm sorry about that," she said, turning to me. "You know how kids are."

I just nodded and didn't say anything else because I knew exactly how kids are and how their boundless amounts of energy and screams tests my patience.

"Stay here, I'll—"

"Y/N!"

Ally was cut off by someone calling my name. We both looked in the direction of the voice and I instantly felt arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled and hugged the little devil back.

"Hey, Marco. Happy birthday."

"I thought you weren't going to come," he told me with worry in his eyes.

I ruffled his hair which earned me a pout. "I couldn't resist the juice boxes."

"Yes, we all know the story of the juice box thanks to this boy right here," Ally said, pinching Marco's cheek. He stuck his tongue out at her which she just laughed away. "But we'll talk later okay Y/N? I still have a cake baking in the oven for this little guy."