| 11 | Everything Has Changed

Your POV

If my heart could stop, it would have.

Right now, at this moment, I wanted to just drop dead on the ground and never get back up. That's how much my world was turned over its head. There was nothing to say anymore as I stood there speechless, staring at the one man who could separate me from the two people that have been my rock for months.

"Who are you?" he repeated. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I couldn't comprehend why he would be here at this time when I was finally happy and contented.

Probably deciding he couldn't get anything out of me, he turned back to Lauren with softness in his eyes. "Lauren, let me meet him, I—"

But before he could finish, he was forcefully shoved to the ground. "You fucker!" Chris' shouting pulled me out of my shock and I ran towards him as he pummeled Luis' face with his fists.

"Chris, stop!"

But it wasn't my voice. It was Lauren's, who also returned to her senses upon witnessing the result of Chris' anger. We pulled her brother off of Luis as the latter stood up on shaky legs, wiping the blood flowing from the side of his lip.

"How dare you? How fucking dare you?!" Chris yelled with so much venom that it made my skin crawl. "Go back to wherever fucking hole you came from and leave my sister alone!"

"Please, just let me explain," Luis requested. "Both to Lauren and my son." However, it didn't seem to deter the young man and instead, provoked him further.

"Fuck you!" he said, shaking us off and lunging for Luis again. Chris inadvertently pushed me towards the doorframe where I banged my head. Stars clouded my vision as I tried to push myself to stand. However, in the midst of the ringing in my ear, I heard a soft voice.

"Luis, just go."

After blinking a few times, I saw Lauren between Chris and Luis. There was no expression on her face as she looked up at him. Luis glanced at all of us for a second before he nodded.

"Okay. But I'll be back," he conceded before turning around and leaving.

"Yeah, back to whatever hell you came from!" Chris shouted after him but Luis had already driven off.

Silence settled between the three of us as Lauren closed the door with a clack. The only sound was Chris breathing heavily as he wiped his knuckles on his shirt. I opened my mouth to try and get a grip on the situation but the sound of footsteps made all our eyes widen.

"Marco," Chris breathed out. Only a few seconds passed before we were face to face with a worried looking young boy.

"Uncle Chris?" he called out. "Why are your knuckles red? And why were you shouting?"

Chris looked at Lauren who was biting her lip, unsure of what to tell her son. She glanced at me briefly, but for enough time that I managed to urge her with a nod. "It was nothing, Marco. Come on, looks like Morty got some mud on your clothes. Let's clean you up, alright?"

She walked towards Marco and held his hand, pulling him along. The young boy only managed to throw us a curious look over his shoulder before he disappeared up the stairs. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I felt the slight throb of pain at the back of my head.

"Y/N, are you okay?" I heard Chris' gruff voice call out. I waved him away as I massaged the stinging spot.

"I'm okay, this isn't a big deal."

"I really didn't mean to push you. I just—I was so angry."

I nodded as I tried to lean on the couch for support because I still felt dizzy from the impact. "How did you know he was back?"