| 5 | Like Mother, Like Son

SURPRISE BITCH! I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me (today)! 🤷‍♀️

One thing I like more than cliffhangers is surprises so here you go with a double update 😂👌

-(*)-(*)-(*)-(*)-(*)-(*)-(*)-(*)-

Your POV

"Y/N, it's good to finally meet you." My mouth was hanging open but I didn't care. "Marco's told me a lot about you so I'm glad I managed to see you today," she said.

"Uhh..."

She tilted her head and giggled at my response—or rather, lack of it.

"I can tell how excited you are to meet me too," she replied and I noted the sarcasm in her voice. I immediately shook my head and apologized.

"I'm really sorry, Ms. Jauregui. I—I just—I—" Laughs around me stopped my train of thought and it was my turn to get confused again.

"You're funny, Y/N," Normani said.

"Umm—I—what?"

The girl in front of me took my hand and shook it. "Hi, Y/N, I'm Camila, Marco's aunt."

"O—oh I'm sorry." God, when was I going to stop being a stuttering mess?

Camila shook her head and just smiled at me. "It's okay, don't worry about it. But don't let Lauren hear you calling her Ms. Jauregui, it makes her sound old."

"Where is that girl anyway?" Dinah asked.

"She's talking with Mike near the tables. I was helping set up but I think Ally needs my help in the kitchen more."

"Mila, please. We all know you're just going to pester Ally into letting you have a slice of cake," Normani said, laughing.

Camila pouted and I found myself smiling at their exchange.

"Rude, Mani. But yeah, you're right," she said with a snicker. "I can't help it though. After all, I'm eating for two now."

It didn't take me long to figure out what she meant as she stroked her belly. At first glance, it didn't look like Camila was pregnant but if you paid attention then you would see the slight baby bump she was sporting.

"Anyway, I'm glad I finally saw you in person, Y/N. We'll talk more later, okay?" She moved in to hug me and I awkwardly hugged her back, placing my hands on her waist. "Thanks for being my nephew's friend."

I could only nod as she gave us a wave before walking to the kitchen. As I met more and more of Marco's family, I noticed something in common with all of them. They all thanked me for taking care of Marco and being his friend. That could only mean two things; either they were just really thankful people or I was the first friend Marco's ever had.

Either way, I began to realize that Marco and I were more alike than I thought.

The couple led me outside and I was immediately greeted by my favorite sound in the whole world—the shrill screams of children.

Lulu zoomed past us again and Normani tried to reprimand her but she was already on the other side of the backyard, laughing with another girl. As I studied her, I realized that she and Lulu looked similar.

"That's Fara, Lulu's sister." I looked back at Normani and saw her smiling with a soft light in her eyes. "Lulu, as you already know is a firecracker. She likes running around everywhere and tiring herself out. But Fara's more quiet and soft-spoken—"

"Like me!" Dinah quipped.

"I wish," Normani said under her breath.

Dinah pouted and crossed her arms but Normani only had to give her a quick peck before she was back to her usual smiling self. They were honestly such a cute couple and I could tell how much they loved each other just by a simple smile or kiss they shared.