| 13 | The End

Your POV

Morning after morning came but none of them gave my heart any reprieve from the sadness pooling in my chest.

Everyday's been hard because the life I've lived for the last few months has been taken from me and I couldn't even fight for it. Camila and Shawn have been my rock throughout this whole ordeal but once I went back to my apartment, I'm back to being alone with only my thoughts as company.

"Good morning, Y/N. You look tired." I looked up and saw Freddy, the lobby guard, watching me with worry in his eyes. "Have you been sleeping?"

I gave him a forced smile. "I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me."

However, I could tell he didn't believe me. Inevitably, I didn't even need him to. I just needed him to leave me alone. So I walked past him and into the elevators. The phone in my pocket vibrated as the doors closed and I pulled it up to see Camila's name on the screen.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Did you eat your breakfast today?" the Cuban's worried voice came through the speaker. "I knew I should've asked Shawn to look after you today."

I smiled, one of the few genuine smiles I've let myself have recently. "Shawn needs to be beside you, Mila. You're going into labor any day now, you know."

"I know," I heard her sigh at the other end. "I just worry about you. With everything happening with Luis and Lauren and—"

"Don't stress yourself out over my problems, okay? They're mine, after all."

"Just... don't hesitate to call or even visit when you need someone to talk to, okay?"

The elevator doors opened to my floor and I stepped outside. "I will, thanks. I'll talk to you later Camila."

I haven't even put the phone back in my pocket when an exasperated looking James stalked in my direction. "You're late!"

I could feel the beginnings of a massive headache coming so I didn't stop and continued walking to my table. James didn't relent and followed closely behind me.

"I'm not late," I pointed out. "I'm five minutes early."

"And ten minutes late for the meeting!" he hissed.

That's when I remembered that we did have a meeting today with a company the president was planning to merge with. I was working on James' presentation before all the shit went down with Luis but I forgot to give it to my boss.

"Oh, right," I whispered, scooting over to my desk.

"Don't 'oh right' me! Where's my—"

"Presentation?" I interrupted, pulling a USB from the drawer and handing it to James. "Sorry I didn't give it earlier."

He snatched it from my hand. "Sorry? I don't know what the fuck is even in here! How do you expect me to present this to my dad and the other company?"

Before I could answer, the president walked out of the board room and walked over to us. I immediately straightened myself, now wary of my disheveled look.

"James, is everything set? We're waiting for your presentation." I watched James gulp at his commanding tone and smile.

"Y—yeah, dad—I mean sir. I'll be right there with the presentation."

He nodded then turned to me. "Good to see you again, Y/N. Tell your dad I said hi."

"I will."

The president gave me one last time before he walked back to the board room. As soon as the door closed, James turned his dark glare on me. "This is unacceptable! How can I present when I don't even know what's in the presentation?"