| 10 | Knock Knock

Your POV

"So when do I get to visit again?"

"Probably never, my dad is still traumatized by your Scrabble game."

"It's not my fault I got to spell 'Sclera' and 'Quantum' while the best he spelled was 'Food'," Marco scoffed, making me laugh.

We were back in Miami soil and back on the familiar wooden bench under the tree we've met for five months now. I still can't believe it's been that long since I met him. Time seemed to pass by fast between us and and so, we made sure to savor every minute of it. I genuinely enjoyed spending time with him and I knew he felt the same way too.

Looking back at the school, I noticed a familiar woman waving at me from the entrance. I waved back and was met with curious glances from Marco.

"We bonded. It's a long story," I said, answering the unasked question on his mind. He just shrugged it off and we continued to drink our juiceboxes.

"Thanks again, for the race car. I didn't know you would actually buy it for me."

I grinned as I remembered the look of wonder on his face when I gave him a sleek toy Mini Cooper that he could drive around. He wrapped his arms around me immediately and engulfed me in one of the tightest hugs I've ever had in my life. It was amazing how fast his mature side got replaced with his childlike tendencies.

"Be careful, you might run Morty over with it," I warned him with a chuckle.

"I already broke two vases and cracked a window," he replied with so much vigor that you would think they were achievements.

I shook my head and chuckled. "I bet your mom wasn't so happy about that."

My suspicions were proven right as I caught Marco rolling his eyes. "She banned me from riding it inside the house."

"As she should."

"You always take mom's side."

"Because she's always right," I said, winking at him.

He grinned and nudged me with his shoulder. "I know. I got my smarts from her after all."

The Miami breeze blew by us and I found myself thinking about the future. It was quite interesting that ever since Marco and Lauren entered my life, I began to look forward instead of being hung up on the past. Thoughts of tomorrow always included the two of them instead of me being alone.

I could only wish this happiness would last forever.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Mhm?" I hummed, finishing my juicebox and throwing it in the trash.

"Could you come to school with me on Friday?"

I tilted my head to the side and studied him. "You mean like inside the school?"

"Yeah," he replied, nodding. "It's supposed to be Show and Tell but you have to show your parents' jobs or something. I asked mom but she couldn't get out of school. And my dad... well..." He sighed and gave me a sad smile. "Will you come with me instead?"

"I don't—can I? I mean I'm not related to you or anything."

"I know but I trust you and you're important to me so that counts for something, right?"

Getting out of work would be hard, especially since we were about to close a deal and I had to make sure James doesn't fuck it up with his impulsiveness. I doubt he'll even let me leave if I asked so if I was to say yes, I needed to hatch a plan to escape the office without James or the hell ladies breathing in my vicinity.