Total Eradication

Okay, so it's about Batman. But he's Batfam, too! And it has the Robins.

This one is kinda depressing most of the time. But it gets better at the end. 

xXx

It didn't take long for Batman to find Damian after he sent out a distress signal. But by then, it was too late. His face, once flawless, was bruised almost beyond recognition and covered in blood. And he didn't have a heartbeat. All around him was the evidence of a fight. On a nearby rooftop was his shattered katana. Clearly he didn't go down peacefully, and at this point, it was all Batman could ask for. He called Dick and told him to come get Damian so he could look for evidence without people seeing the dead Robin.

Before he could mourn, he received a message from Tim. Another SOS. He raced to get where he was, one of his safehouses downtown.

He arrived at the rooftop across the street from Tim's location and could already tell he was too late. The window was shattered, and he could see the furniture inside knocked over and broken. 

He grappled across the gap and found what he knew he would inevitably see: Tim, beaten to death. Everything he'd tried to defend himself with was broken. He would be almost unrecognizable were it not for the costume.

As he started to try and see what evidence he could find, he got yet another SOS, this one from Jason. Batman got a sinking feeling as he ran the too-familiar race for another's life.

He ran into the building, an abandoned apartment complex. He heard a commotion and ran to it in time to see Jason dealt a fatal blow to the head. The killer, only visible as a shadow, vanished without a trace. And Batman was helpless to do anything as he ran forward to see his son dead for the second time. Maybe if he had been faster, then--

No. That kind of wishful thinking was exactly what would eat him alive if he let it fester.

Before he could dwell on it any longer, he got a fourth distress signal from the cave-- Dick.

Batman rode faster than he ever had before to try and get there in time. This time, maybe he could stop it. He could keep it from happening. Maybe he wouldn't lose all of his sons.

He arrived at the cave to see the shadowy figure holding Dick by the throat. It turned as he pulled in on his Batcycle and threw four sets of Batarangs at it. They merely bounced off, and it almost seemed to laugh as it turned its attention back to the helpless acrobat in its hand. Dick struggled and kicked weakly as Batman ran, it seemed in slow motion, to stop it. 

Its grip tightened until, with a sickening crack, the neck of the first Boy Wonder snapped. He fell limply to the ground as the shadowy figure melted into the ground and Batman raced to cradle his son in his arms.

As the Dark Knight held Dick's head in his hands, he felt as though Richard had wanted to say something before he died. Something seemed to be on the verge of springing off his lips and into sound.

And suddenly, as if he'd said it after all, Batman knew what it was. 

"Why didn't you save me?" Dick had wanted to say. And Batman couldn't answer.

Suddenly, he saw what he hadn't before: the bodies of all he loved. Catwoman. Spoiler. 

Alfred.

All of it fell away, and suddenly, he was holding a young Jason's body again, unnaturally still, not quite cold yet despite the falling snow. Dead.

And then it was that night in the alley again. Two shots rang out, and his voice cried out, trying to save his parents from a fate they'd already met. They were dead.

All of them. Everyone he touched, each person he'd met, anyone he'd ever loved. Dead.

"Bruce," someone was saying. "Bruce." They were shaking him now. "BRUCE!"

His eyes snapped open. He was in the medical bay of the Batcave. All around him stood Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian. All of them looked concerned. 

"You all right, Bruce?" Dick asked. 

"You got hit with enough fear toxin to kill a man." Tim showed him the blood test result. "It's a good thing you're Batman."

"What did you see?" Damian inquired as he stood up somewhat shakily. "That much fear toxin is bound to induce hallucinations sufficient to scare even the great Batman."

He startled them all by wrapping his arms firmly around them and squeezing tightly. "Nothing more than the usual nightmares."

xXx

Told you it works out in the end. \(^u^)/

Sorry about inconsistent updates.

And I just realized that today is my two-month Wattpad anniversary, if that means anything. *shrugs* Does it? Like, do people make a big deal out of the second month that they've been publishing creepily detailed fictional tales about fictional characters for people that they only know through said fiction? Or am I just making elaborate and complex parallel sentences for the sake of making elaborate and complex parallel sentences and confusing readers who bothered to read this whole paragraph? I really don't know anymore.

Me out.