Abandoned (OLD)

"Well, I guess this is the place," Enid said, crossing her arms as Rad walked up next to her. She looked at the run-down, abandoned building and sighed. The building was about the size of a supercenter and made of bricks and wood. It had vines growing along the sides of it and lots of missing bricks, making many holes in the walls.

The most noticeable part was the giant hole in the middle of the roof. It was obvious that the roof collapsed from the inside, leaving only a few broken beams from where the roof originally stood. It had very few windows, and the windows it did have were either popped out or broken beyond repair.

Enid just let out a sigh as Rad stood next to her, his arms crossed as well. He let out a small chuckle as he looked at the building. "Wow, so this is the place we have to stay the night at?" He asked, still chuckling. "Man, I thought it would look much more run-down than this."

"Admit it, you're a little spooked," Enid said, giving him a smug look. "You got to be."

Rad just shook his head and started walking toward the entrance. "Nah, I'm too cool to be spooked about this place," he declared, turning around and giving a small shrug.

Enid rolled her eyes and followed Rad, who was waiting at the doorless entrance. "Ready, Enid?" He asked, leaning against the wall. "Because I sure am."

"Yeah, sure, whatever," she responded, walking inside without looking back at Rad. He stood there in the same position for a moment before shaking his head and quickly following after her. "Wait! Enid!" He shouted as he followed her, though she didn't turn around.

"This place isn't too bad," Enid said as she stopped to look around. "Though it smells like stale, murky water mixed with rotten flesh."

Rad looked around in fear, though he tried to force it back. He didn't really like the dark, there's something about it that makes him extremely unsettled, and the fact it was completely dark in there didn't help him at all.

The two stood there for a bit, not really moving from their spot. After about five minutes, it didn't seem nearly as scary as it originally was, and the two seemed to be okay with the dark, but Rad still had a feeling of uneasiness in his gut.

Suddenly, there was a noise that caused the both of them to jump. "What was that?" Rad asked, holding tightly onto Enid's shoulder.

"It came from over there." Enid pointed toward a very faint light source coming from the right side and started walking toward it. "Wait, we're actually going to go check out the noise?!" Rad asked in shock as he followed Enid. "But what if ---"

Enid raised her hand to shush Rad, and there was silence afterwards. He just gave a look to Enid and was about to say something, but was stopped when there was the sound of whimpering coming from where they were heading.

Enid put her hand down and continued walking. Rad quietly following behind. "Hello?" Enid asked, peeking around the doorway into the dimly lit room. There was once again silence, and she then stepped beyond the doorway and into the room itself, once again Rad following behind her.

The light was flickering somewhat, but Enid didn't mind. She continued to slowly walk around the room, but stopped at a corner where there was incoherent mumbling coming from around it.

She took a deep breath to calm herself and looked at Rad, who was still standing behind her, before walking into the corner. "Hello, is anyone here?"

She looked down near the floor and let out a gasp in shock at what she saw. Rad peeked around the corner as well, and his eyes went wide.

K.O. was sitting on the floor, crouching down in a fetal position, mumbling things to himself. Enid and Rad looked at each other before they walked toward him.