2. Not Really Saved.

Varsha's POV.

As he asked me that question, my eyes fell on the dead bandits. They looked so cruel. If he would no have helped then though I have nothing to lose in terms of wealth, I would have lost my honour. Tears fell from my eyes, as I realised just how lucky I have been.

"Rajkumarji, thank you so much for the help. I am indebted to you." I said to him but a sob escaped my lips.

"Devi you look like from a good family. Night is not the time for a woman like you." I sighed at least he didn't think I was characterless. But this was wrong.

"Sorry Rajkumarji, I am a Brahmin-putri, I go to a nearby village to teach cooking. Today I got late." I said feeling guilt, maybe I should have stayed there listening to Mata Tejasvi.

"Why do you need to teach? What about your father? Such thing is not suitable." he said. Sorrow clenched my heart. My parents.....

"My parents died years before." I said not making an effort to conceal the sorrow in my heart.

I need to start or else I will be more late and get stuck in more trouble. Even this Rajkumar looks like a trouble. To much closeness with Royals or soldiers is not healthy. I remembered my Father's words.

"I need to start Rajumarji, I thank you again." I said and turned with a new will to walk another mile. "No" I heard his voice. But I felt something in my hand, when I turned to see, he was holding my hand. Any other man's touch other than your husband must be like fire. I could still hear my Mother's voice, I jerked my hand. My situation is like Dropped from the sky( there was free fall and hope of survival), got stuck on date tree. (but then your luck changed and there was a pointed tree).

"I mean you can stay in my tent, you can return in the morning." he said and my eyes started watering. He is misbehaving with me, anger was boiling in me. But I didn't know what to do. Before a moment, I just thanked him for saving my honour and he is now trying to snatch it from me. As I was contemplating on what to do, my veil flew before either could realise. But the anger got better of me and stared straight at him. Are Royals supposed to behave like this?

He neared me and my fear increased as more salty waters decided to leave the company of my eyes. He touched my arm. Varsha, always remember from today only your husband has the right to see your face and touch you. Always keep yourself veiled and keep away from men. I felt as if my mother's word were echoing around me. I felt so annoyed, I went away from him and started running, though I knew my attempt was fatal. Krishna save me.

Please vote and comment.

Share with your friends.

Thank you!