8. Defending, a duty (2)

A. N:- Namaste.... I know... I told I will be absent....but I just discovered living without writing.. Is no fun... So...setting everything aside here I am... Together we will have a quick peak into Varsha's life... Enjoy...

Varsha's POV.

We sat close like that. My mind went of wondering if it was normal, but soon wandered. What will the people in Kanya Nivas hear of? Will they also think I am characterless? But it was not my fault, I could do nothing. Now I am not like Princess Kanaka, that I could have fought with Swami, I doubt even if she could have. I shook my head, what and why am I thinking so much. At distance I could slightly see a village from my veil. I could feel his hand when he hugged me with one hand, pushing my back to his chest. "Don't get scared, and don't speak anything." he said firmly, I guess he always talks like that, like he is ordering. I said a quite yes and kept staring.

I had a deep urge to lift my veil and stare at the beautiful tents, the one back in there was nothing compared to this grandeur. As I neared, I understood that there was no village, the entire caravan had come with Swami. The many soldiers were bowing at me... I mean Swami. I just sat there in the horse, that had stopped running long ago, now it was slowly walking. Slowly turning back, I could see, he was nodding at them. Oh God! The horse came to halt. In front of all these people, is he again going go lift me. Yes! There was no other way. He got down, from the horse as if it were as easy as gulping a sweet. He pulled me down with him. I felt super shy, due to the presence of a minimum of 300 people staring at us, but he was unfazed.

He released me once, I felt stable. A tall man came forward, "Rajkumar?" before he could say anything further Swami held his hand (✋) high in air, then he turned to see the gathering, "She is my wife. I want her to be respected as a Princess, no less." he said. And I could hear gasps. It was obvious, I was dressed worse than the maid to whom Swami signaled to come near us. He wasn't even planning to marry me. And now, all this... But before I could contemplate, he dragged me inside the grandest tent. "I want you to transform her to look like a princess. Adorn her with diamonds and rubies. Bring a pearl dress for her." he ordered, she nodded and went out of the tent after bowing. Maybe to bring all of that he ordered. I didn't understand why was it necessary. I was feeling excited and scared at the same time.

But soon all that feelings disappeared, he pulled me in a hug, removed my veil and kissed my cheek. "You know that maid... She was a gift from my uncle. She has an entire team, under her. She will remove these marks or at least conceal it from your cheek." he said, his hand caressing my cheek. I looked down, he himself was in simple clothes, why dress me up so much and what is the use of concealing my face it is any way going to remain veiled. He suddenly say on the bed and pulled me in his lap. It was very uncomfortable, I tried getting up, but he was holding me in a death grip, so I gave in. We were both comfortable with the silence but I had to tell him, "Thanks for defending me there." I said looking directly at him, feeling a lot of gratitude.

His eyes softened for a moment, "You are my wife, my dear, defending you is my duty." he said. I felt no emotions for a moment. I didn't know what to say. It means, he didn't defend me because he felt I was right, that I was not to blame for what happened last night. Or should I feel happy, that now I am his wife a he will always defend me. Though, it's just a duty for him. Like Krishna was said, no attachments, just duty. I realised that I was staring at him and he was looking amused, I immediately stared at my lap. But then it all made sense and without my brains consent the words or if I may say fears of my heart escaped my mouth.

"I am sure you will have to do it a lot especially in the palace, you even promised me to be eka-patni vrata, I am sure, this is gonna create trouble." I said honestly. But when I stared at him, the look on his face told me that, which Mata Tejasvi said to me once blunt honesty will help sharp knife near your neck. He got up immediately almost making me fall. But he caught me and we stood there for about a moment. I was just stating what was true and I knew or atleast I sensed that, it had put him in a very bad mood. I looked at him and he was staring at me, I couldn't hold his gaze I once again found the mud floor more interesting. But thank God! The maid came in and behind her were about a dozen people, everyone carrying something or the other. I didn't bother finding my veil, he had thrown it almost across the tent. They all were looking at me and him and our proximity. He let go me slowly as if their presence didn't make any difference to him. He just walked away and these woman were staring at me. Some giggling as he exited and some judging....

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

This part took too long to write!!!!
I don't know why...

Pleaseeeee tell me how you like it..
And I have all new people.. Tell me who you like... Special thanks to KrishnaPath as we had a long discussion.. All are welcome to tell who they feel is perfect for the characters...

This is perfect, she also looks 14...only issue is Varsha's eyes is brown..

She is very beautiful too... But doesn't look 14

Her eyes, jewellery and simple dress is perfect but wouldn't suit for after transformation part... Phew.. I am choosy..

Any way tell me who you like.

Thank you!!