15. Lock and Key Couple.

This chapter is not even remotely meant to hurt feelings of people consuming non-veg. I just through observation inferred that Vegetarians, find it highly difficult, especially in those times to accept that. Here, I am just intending to show her dilemma, she faces with her husband and since it's her story, I need to use harsh words at places....

Varsha was shocked to see her Lord sitting there infront of the plate to start food. Actually it wasn't him, that shocked her, it was the various food items, displayed infront of him. It looked like dead bodies to her, what was delicious food for him. In being with, Princess Kanaka, the one time, that was intolerable to her was, when she used to eat non vegetarian food. But seeing her husband's smiling face she didn't back off like usual. "Come my dear, let's have our first meal as a couple." he said and she couldn't help stare at her newly found golden jhuti as her face glowed like gold too, what is generally called the post martial glow. The giggling of the many servant girls didn't help the new Bride and as the prince realised the surroundings, he cleared his throat. "Ekanth." his voice thundered. And though his voice was strict it held a humour, if only she would have looked up, she would have seen him smiling.

Inspite of the lecture, he had to hear from his friend, he was happy about the marriage. As all the maids went out, leaving the newly weds alone, Varsha just stood there. Unlike her husband or herself a few moments ago, now, her heart wasn't happy and her mind a mess. She didn't wanted to eat the dead! "Come, Priye!" he addressed her lovingly. "Adjust. Adjust, Varsha. If you will be stuck on to your words like you were stuck today, it's only you who will suffer. Not every man, in this world is like your father, who loves and dotes on you like you are some goddess. Neither are men out there, gentle. I am telling for your own good, you won't understand, till we are alive, if... " her mother's words rang in her head. If... They were dead? They are dead... This would have brought tears in her eyes, but she had replayed it too many times, in her mind, until she finally learned to adjust and to keep quite, that it didn't affect her anymore. She removed her shoes. She quietly went ahead and noticed the plates were empty.

She bent down to serve the food and she didn't realise but she had made her husband happy with her small natural action. He wasn't used to women of his household serving, unless it wasn't for a favour. She doing it spontaneously, surprised him pleasantly. She served him the fruits with great difficulty and though she was delighted to be offered so much and such rich food, the non satvik food troubled her and finally her extreme control broke loose and she got up and ran out of the tent and vomited. The happy and 'admiring my wife' nature of Prince was quick to vanish as he stood up standing still. Immediately, the maid's came to help her and after cleaning up, she still looked sick.

Hira took a look at Varsha's face worried.  She looked weak all of a sudden and the glow and excitement in her face seemed to have vanished like the evil in presence of divine. Inside the Rajkumar was fuming. He seemed irritated by her behavior and suddenly started, without touching the food. He stormed out of the tent leaving the two ladies surprised. But Varsha wasn't pleasantly so. She followed him or rather tried, because his speed was far more slower than his and she sat in her palki. The beautiful palki, didn't please her anymore. And that, first sun of their life together, with not even 12 hours being passed of them seeing each other, could be called the first crack in their relationship. The issue was meager yet real, but the issue wasn't the issue, the issue was what it represented.... And that was they were  the lock and key couple. Though fitted perfectly and works beautifully, if it's to be kept together forever, it's vain...

Please Vote, Comment, Share, follow and review...

Feel free to criticize...

Thank you...