17. Entry

Varsha's POV.

"Remove your veil daughter in law." I heard the commanding voice of the woman standing in front of me. Being a shy person and always concerned for safety, living alone without parents, I have never really shown my fave to any man after their death. Especially because I got so many compliments for my looks, I was always advised my all well wishers to keep my face hidden for safety. The only exception to this was Swami and what happened, as soon as he saw my face, our marriage happened. Now, thank God, he was a man with good intentions, what if someone else had seen? I felt her request was unfair, but I didn't wanted to get on bad side of her.

When I was still contemplating, I heard Swami's voice, "Mother, she doesn't show her face to any man except me." he told and I couldn't contain the smile under my veil. He may get angry at times, force me to sit on horse, be aggressive but I can say he is a very good man. He unlike any I have ever seen. With his help, maybe living in palace won't be such a dread, after all this is a beautiful place.

Soon, the ritual was done and we walked, walked and walked some more. It was only after a long distance that we halted. I was almost so much in daze that, I would have collided with Swami when he stopped walking as my legs were walking on their own accord and my eyes scanned the place. The lighting was minimalistic and I couldn't clearly make out stuff, no worries I can see more of these tomorrow, however one thing was certain, everything here was magnificent.

It was beautiful here and I was awestruck, but my stomach also held fear. Maybe if the new place, or of new people, I don't know. I was walking behind Swami and with us were his parents, surrounded by guards. But no one talked. Didn't they want to know my name also? I didn't feel really welcome, but still my heart was working overtime, when suddenly Swami would turn to check on me. But when we finally stopped the silence died. We were surrounded by a few servants and soldiers but they were all distant. "I will have a new palace made for your bride Aditya." I heard the queen say and I forgot who I was. Happiness filled my heart. My own palace, haha, I would rule like a princess in it. And Aditya? Maybe that's what Swami's mother called him lovingly.

Under the veil, I saw Rajkumar, turn to me and his face had a grin, similar to the one he had when he picked me to place on the horse. Oh no Krishna! This meant trouble. "That Won't be needed mother, she will stay in my palace." he said and I almost groaned out aloud. What? Okay, I am really happy to be in a palace! I won't need one for myself alone! I tried convincing myself. Perhaps, maybe the stunning place we were standing outside of is of Swami only. "But your palace has only one room that is big enough for a prince of princess and that you have occupied, where will she stay?" the queen asked.

I wanted to assure her that she need not worry about me, that I am used to sleeping anywhere, even in the ground but Swami intervened before I could say anything, "She can stay in my chamber." I heard his voice and my face burned. Obviously! We are married, how didn't I think of it. And before I could snap out of my thoughts I heard a strong commanding voice but that was not of Swami, "That is inappropriate son. A princess deserves to be in a separate palace, besides you will marry many more times in future, at that time this will create a problem." that was the King.

And my breathing suddenly stopped while my brain drained. What?

Please Vote, comment, share and Review!

Next to next chapter I am planning to make the Prince POV, what you think?

Thank you!