Bad Things Happen to Good People

Jaune POV
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to see my family, and each time we meet, I tell them stories of when I was in the Common Wealth. Each one piked with interesting as I told them of how I got each battle scar and each battle I fought in. I guess I really did b come a hero when I comes to the Brotherhood of Steel. I may not have chosen this path, but I damn sure know that I won't let anything happen to my family. Today was just another ordinary day here at the Citadel. It's pretty quiet considering...

???: I demand to be let through!

There it is. I was on the balcony just above the reception area and I could see that Weiss and the others were there. I'm guessing Weiss is furious on how I managed to end up a soldier. I'm guessing Pyrrha's here to see me, Yang came with Ruby, Ruby came to see her first friend at Beacon, Ren came with Nora to make sure she didn't destroy anything, not that she could, and Nora came to see her 'fearless leader' again. I soon walked off as I didn't want to get their hopes up. I still had to train my squad as jump troopers. We're known as the 85th Jump Troopers, aka, Demon Jumpers. We always came down on our foes like demons from the sky, and we made sure that they know who we are due to the armor.

 We always came down on our foes like demons from the sky, and we made sure that they know who we are due to the armor

We had been given new plasma weaponry when we had formed. While I was walking, though, a knight ran up to me.

Knight: Sir, we have a problem in the south side of Vale!

Jaune: What's the situation?

Knight: White Fang sir, and Adam Taurus is leading them.

Jaune: Damn it. Alright tell my squad we're heading out, and get some troop transports in to help evacuate civilians!

Knight: Yes sir.

//Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Jaune and his squad fighting off the White Fang//

We had just arrived at the scene as several White Fang had made a fortified position. There were a few hostages in the small base they made and some civilians pinned down in the houses. We were ready and they knew that we wouldn't attack if there were civilians involved. What they weren't expecting was the Demon Jumpers as we had used our jump packs and new trick, orbital drop. We soon slammed into the three positions like asteroids as they were disoriented by the blast. They were soon knocked out except for a lone soldier.

WFM: Don't shoot I surrender!

We then cuffed him as we got the civilians untied.

Jaune: Alright, head down that road. There's a Brotherhood checkpoint there waiting for the civilians. Now go!

They had already taken off running as several transports arrived to act as cover for the retreating civilians while some were used to take the civilians to the checkpoint.

Jaune: Alright now, Bakers, shoot up a flare so the the civilians know where to go.

Bakers: Yes sir.

He then took out a flare gun and shot it into the air as civilians all over the south side could see it, and I they could see it, so could the White Fang. We had sett up a sort of barricade to make sure that they couldn't get past us. This place was a choke point since there was only three ways in and out of the south side. We were on the north side exit as the Citadel was close by. Several hordes of civilians soon ran past as the White Fang finally showed up. Fire between the two group broke out as the White Fang had the numbers but we had the equipment. Several White Fang had fallen as several others either surrendered or died fighting. Those that surrendered were soon placed into troop transports to be taken to the Citadel. We then saw several more civilians try to run but were soon pinned as the next wave showed up, we made sure to not hit the civilians as we made a way for them to move, pinning down the White Fang as they tried to advance. I saw a mother Faunas and two kids I assumed were hers try to pull her out from under some rubble that had caught her leg.

Jaune: 85th, I need you to cover me while I get to those civilians.

I pointed out the three as they nodded and laid down suppressing fire. I ran towards the three as fire from both side were exchanged as I made my way there. How could they have destroyed a part of the building unless. Shit, they have rockets, and they're using them in a populated area. Once I had made it to the three, the mother looked up and smiled as she knew that the Brotherhood wouldn't abandon the civilians.

Jaune: Alright just hang on, I'm gonna get you outta here, you have to trust me, though.

They nodded their heads as I put two hands underneath the rubble and lifted. As soon as the rubble was off, the two kids pulled their mother out from under as I placed it back down.

Jaune: Alright, the easy parts over, now for the hard part. You three stay behind me, I'll cover us.

We soon made our way back to the rally point, the two kids helping their mother along as they used me as cover. Once we made it back to the small post, the three of them made it to the APC where thy went to the checkpoint.

Chapter Master (Radio): Alright people, we've got to fall back to the checkpoint. All the civilians have been evacuated and are being held up in the Citadel. Make your stand at the checkpoint and don't let any of them through. We can't risk the civilians getting killed.

As we made our way back to the check point, several rockets flew past with one hitting the track of the tank.

Crewman: I need cover!

Two Knights then covered him as he worked on fixing the track that had been damaged by the rocket. As bullets flew past, the rockets were preparing to fire again. This time, however, they couldn't as the ones using them were blasted. Then, Adam finally showed up.

Jaune: Well well well, look who finally showed up to the party.

Adam: You have a lot of nerve showing yourself here again, Arc.

Jaune: I can't help it, I just go where the wind takes me. If that where end up, then that's where I end up. Can't do a damn thing about it.

Adam: You know as well as I do that only one of us is walking away from this.

Jaune: I know but it ain't gonna be you.

I then drew my blade as he did the same. We then circled each other for a second as we finally charged at one another. As our blades clashed, others could see sparks fly as we traded blow for blow, strike for strike, and swing for swing. As he went in for a vertical strike, I blocked it and countered him with a kick from my metal boot followed by a hey powered punch as I activated my jump pack for a deck and punched him straight in the jaw. He soon hit the side of a building as he soon fell unconscious on the ground. Two knights then hand cuffed him as the rest of the attacking White Fang raised their hands in defeat. With the loss of their leader, they had no other choice but to surrender.

Third POV
With no civilian casualties caused by either side, the fighting drew to a close within the hour as people were soon allowed to leave the Citadel while others stayed while their homes were being repaired. Those that were injured during this skirmish were treated and looked at by several scribes. Several of the prisoners joined the Brotherhood as it meant they were freed from the cell while others refused to be apart of the organization all together. They would've died before siding with them. Many White Fang bases soon fell as most of the White Fang had joined on with the Brotherhood of Steel. This soon led the collapse of the White Fang as a whole due to most of the leadership being either captured or turncoat. Many of the Brotherhoods own soldiers were injured during the skirmish, while many injured White Fang soldiers were taken care of and soon recruited or given honorable discharge and sent home, while the dead White Fang soldiers were buried in the cemeteries and given soldier send offs. This wasn't the prettiest event in history as it was one of the bloodiest battles that ever occurred on the streets of Vale. Many people would remember this day, not as a tragedy, but as a reflection of the past to help divert people away from what happened. This was something that changed Remnant forever.