The Triforce- Link POV

Sleep.

Just another thing I'm good at. Well, great at.

And although it's hard to sleep when you know you're in the middle of Hyrule field with barely any protection, I was out the second my head hit my bag that I was using for a pillow.

I usually have dreams, but this time, I was just out. The dream, I suppose, could've been the blackness that was covering my mind as I slept. But that blackness only lasted a few moments, and then I was awake again.

And I realized something was wrong.

I couldn't hear Z or Ganondorf breathing. It was just me. And I didn't smell the stuffy stench of the tent, but the free smell of grass, trees, and leaves.

I stared at my surroundings, everywhere there seemed to be trees. A haunting melody played out in the distance, I could barely hear it, but it was there.

I felt different too, I was lying on the ground, but I didn't feel... Human.

Oh goddesses.

My eyes travelled down to my hands and saw they weren't... Hands...

I yelped and jumped up, my eyes wide. What was I? I had paws for hands, and my body was covered in fur! 

"You're going to hurt yourself." Murmured a voice from the trees.

My hackles stood up on my back. Hackles? What? Where did that come from?

I turned my snout towards the voice. Again, snout? What? 

A small impish girl floated out from the trees. Her face was mostly covered by what looked like a mask, the only thing uncovered was the top of her head and her right eye. I tried to say something, but it came out as only a bark.

"Yes I appeared in your dreams, are you so dimwitted that you haven't recognized me?" The girl huffed, annoyed. Really? I have no idea where I am, and this girl... Imp thing... Comes out of nowhere and starts telling me I'm dimwitted? 

I barked again, well, I guess I'm some kind of dog. Or a wolf.

 That was it! I'm a wolf!

I lifted my head up to the sky and howled. The impish thing covered her ears. "Can you not do that? It's hard enough when there's that annoying melody skull kid's playing."

Skull Kid. I've heard that before.

"Of course you have! Wait, are you telling me you lost your memory? Is that why you're here?" The impish girl cocked her head to one side. "Well, we've got to get going nontheless, follow that music!" She giggled and to my surprise, plopped herself right on my back.

I grunted and stood up on my four legs. Being a wolf is not as cool as you would expect.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" She giggled again. "Follow the music!"

To my dismay, she kicked my back like I was a horse. I growled deep in my throat. The girl laughed. "Oh please! You're too sweet to hurt someone who doesn't deserve it! Are you really going to kill the princess of Twilight?"

My ears perked up. Princess of Twilight? 

"I'll tell you more if you just follow that music!" She patted my back.

I sighed. Fine! I'll follow the music!

"Good boy!" The imp smiled as I started moving in the direction of the music. 

And then all hell broke loose when the trumpet sounded. Several wooden... Skeleton things fell down from the trees and started advancing on us, their eyes open wide and mouths grinning.

I barked and growled, hoping to scare them away, but no such luck. They swung at me leaving several cuts on one side. 

"What do you think you're doing? Do something!" Yelled the imp. "Bite them!"

Great. Bite them. That'll be easy.

I bared my teeth at the five puppets that were coming near me. When one was close enough, I jumped at it and bit into its wooden flesh. The thing howled and fell to the ground, disinigrating.

The other puppets stopped their pursuit and fell onto the ground as the other one did. Then something else fell down from the trees. My hackles rose and I growled at the thing. But when it got up, it didn't start coming towards me, it only giggled. "Oh! It's you again! Want to play?"

What was this thing talking about?

"Shall we go?" It asked, beckoning towards a tunnel on the other side of the grove. Why hadn't I seen that before?

"Yay!" It giggled and jumped back up onto the tree above and the melody started playing again.

 Oh. He must be the one who controls the music. "You heard skull kid! Get moving! The master sword is just behind that point!"

The what?

I turned my head to look at her. She bared her teeth mockingly. "Well, fearless wolf, are you going to get moving or what?"

I started running, surprising her. The tunnel seemed to be made out of a hollowed tree trunk, like the one leading into Kokiri forest.

When the tunnel ended, we were in a room... Well, more like a circular place with a pedastal standing in the middle. There was a sword in the pedastal.

The sword was glowing, the light seemed so beautiful, so luminous, it was as if it came from the goddesses hands themselves.

"Go towards it." The imp murmured. 

I followed her advice and started towards it, my paws numb. When I got to the start of the pedastal, I stopped. The imp patted my back. "Keep going Link. This is your destiny."

I put one paw up on the pestadal, and immediately, a wind so forceful knocked the girl off my back. I held my ground and raised my head to the sky and let out a growl so loud it made the grove vibrate. 

The light that illuminated the sword spread out and engulfed my body. I felt myself changing, my furry paws changed a humans hands, my snout shortened back into my nose, and all the fur fell off.

I stood up shakily, glad to be back in my human form. My eyes were on the sword in the pedastal. Take it! My mind was telling me. Quickly!

I put my hand around the hilt of the sword and slowly pulled it out, grunting. I heard a small gasp of surprise behind me. I had totally forgotten about the girl.

I raised the sword above my head and a wind passed through the small grove, making all the mist go away.

"I never will get tired of seeing you do that." The imps voice came. But her voice sounded different, more mature.

I turned around and let out a gasp of surprise. Instead of the imp, a tall woman with red flowing hair and red eyes stared at me.

"What? Say something!" She giggled. "Am I so beautiful you've no words left?"

"Um..." I started. She stopped me with her eyes. "My name is Midna. I am the Princess of Twilight."

"I... Know you..." I muttered. She just smiled kindly. "Of course you do! We've met before in another life." She walked towards me and put her hand on my cheek. "You've done so much for me, young hero... And you don't even know it yet."

I stepped back and tripped over the pedastal. Midna laughed. "You're so much like I remember, Link.  I wish I could keep talking to you, but I fear you must get back to your friends. I will provide a portal for you." She winked, and then she widened her smile. "I just remembered! After I transport you to Hyrule Field, you will be a wolf. You will be able to change back into a human once you meet with Zelda and Ganondorf. You will also be able to change into a wolf as much as you like."

Midna smiled and raised her hands to the sky. A portal appeared over the sacred grove and I felt myself changing back into a wolf. 

As I was rising into the portal, I heard Midna whisper one last thing.

"Link, I- See you later..."