Fresh Start (Chapter One)

Hello! Before we start, I just wanted to address that I need a proper cover! Somebody please make me one, if you can <3 Thanks!

Also, idk if Jeremy calls his dad 'Dad' in the musical, but he is in this story. Deal with it, lol

I also have no clue where Dear Evan Hansen or Heathers take place, so let's just say that they take place in New Jersey still. The school is Westerburg, btw
---

Jeremy's POV

I sigh, walking out of the empty house with dad. For once, he actually has his pants on. What a surprise. Anyways, we both turn around, after putting the last boxes in the moving truck.

We look up at our old house. "Whelp," dad sighs. "We had some good times here." He shrugs. I nod. We both say nothing more, and hop into our car. The moving truck is still behind us when we start driving away, meaning that it will take a while for the moving truck to get to our new house.

Dad and I are moving because he had met a woman named Heidi Hansen a few years ago, and fell in love. They started dating, and are now engaged. Heidi had moved a while away with her son, Evan Hansen, so they could be closer to the new school, and where Evan's best friends, Connor and Jared, live.

After a few minute,s I close my eyes, and let sleep take over my body.

"Jeremy..."

~~~

I get woken up to my dad shaking me. We are at the new house, which was about a five hour drive. I rub my tired eyes, getting out of the car with dad. I look up at the new house, which is a bit larger than our old one.

It is a nice, pale color, with two stories. There is a tiny metal chimney on the side of the roof, almost not noticeable.

A car pulls up to the house next to ours, which looks the same, except it is brown. Michael and his parents get out of the car, walking over to us.

We were both about to move, and ended up finding two open houses right next to each other. So, we moved there, to be next to each other.

Michael walks over to me, and gives me a hug. I chuckle, hugging him back. We release from the hug after a few seconds, and start talking.

"Why don't you go to Heidi's house, and meet them?" Dad asks. Michael and I both nod, and Michael's parents start talking to my dad. I know where Heidi lives, because dad told me the address quite a few times.

After a few minutes of walking, we reach the house. It is a peaceful peach color, and two stories. It has a small garden of flowers up front, and looks quite lovely and nice.

I knock on the door, Michael standing next to me. A boy, seeming about our age, answers the door. He has glasses, and a small face. He looks up at us. "Hi. I'm Jared. Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Jeremy Heere, and this is Michael Mell." I explain. Jared seems to get it, Evan probably telling him who we are, even though we have never met.

Jared leads Michael and I upstairs, to what I guessing is his room. He opens the door, and I see a boy in a white and blue striped shirt sitting on the bed, on his phone. He looks up shyly, and looks confused.

"Hi. I'm Jeremy, and I'm guessing your Evan..?" I ask. "Oh!" He says, getting up from the bed. He has a broken arm, but looks like a nice guy. "Y-Yeah. I'm Evan." He says. I nod. "This is Michael." I introduce. Evan nods.

"Okay. I guess you already met Jared, heh." Evan shyly rubs the back of his neck. I chuckle slightly, and nod. "Hi!" Michael exclaims, startling us all. After a few seconds of silence, we all laugh.

After a while, we all end up sitting on Evan's floor, playing video games. "Hey, have you ever heard of the game Apocalypse Of The Damned?" Michael asks, looking over at Evan and Jared.

Jared nods. "Yeah, I have it. I haven't played it yet, though." He shrugs. Michael and I look at each other, smirking. Jared goes over to his video game drawer, grabs out Apocalypse Of The Damned, and puts it in the monitor.

We see it to four players, with Michael and I on a team, and Evan and Jared on a team. It isn't really a PvP game, so we all just help each other and get past the first level with ease.

Jared looks amazed at how good Michael and I are at the game. He pauses it, "how are you two so good?!" He asks, baffled. Michael and I just laugh a bit. "We have been friends since grade school. We play this game all the time, and we basically masters at it." Michael explains.

Evan and Jared nod, and we get back to playing the game. Once we are halfway through level five, my dad calls, and says to come home. Jared's parents call him, saying the same thing. Evan, Michael, and I say goodbye to Evan, heading off to our own houses.

"Jeremy..."

Michael and I reach our houses, side by side, but walk into mine as usual. Michael and I head to my room, sitting on my empty bedroom floor. "Dude, why didn't you go to your own house?" I ask, chuckling.

Michael shrugs. "You know me, always wanting to stay at your house." We both laugh, and start playing on our phones, sitting back to back on the floor, in a comfortable silence.

Michael eventually has to go back over to his house, to help unpack. "Cya later!" I say. "Bye~!" Michael responds. We both giggle, and he walks over to his house, closing the door.

I walk back into my house, dad handing me a sleeping bag. "Here you go, sport. The beds and stuff haven't come yet." He says. I nod, and to over tow. Box labeled Food. There, obviously, isn't much in it. Just some bread, and instant noodles. I grab out a slice of bread, putting it into my mouth, and walk upstairs into my room.

I lay down the sleeping bag, still eating my slice of bread. I open the sleeping bag, finish the bread, and nuzzle into the rough material of the sleeping bag. I fall asleep in seconds, hearing a faint voice in the background.

"Jeremy.."

"You can't escape that easily, Jeremy..."

"I'm back..."