Strange (Chapter Four)

Thanks for the love on this story, everyone! <3

Also, this chapter is sliiiightly shorter than usual. Sorry~! <3

Evan's POV

The next day

I walk into my living room, where my mom and Jeremy's dad sit. They are talking like a casual couple, as they are, and I walk over to them.

"Morning, sweety!" Mom says, kissing my cheek. I sit down on the couch. "Have you noticed Jeremy and Michael acting strange?" I ask, cutting right to the chase.

"No.. why do you ask?" Mom raises an eyebrow. Jeremy's (and my soon to be) dad, on the other hand, sighs. He looks at me. "Well.. yes. You see, uh.. quite a few things happened where we used to live," he chuckles nervously.

Mom and I look at him, suspicious. "Ya' see, things weren't all 'Sunshine And Rainbows' where we used to live," he explains, "the school was not very good, there were a lot of students, and may of them weren't.. they weren't very nice. That boy, Rich, that Jeremy and Michael are hanging out with? He used to be one of the biggest bullies in their school, from what I have heard. There was an.." he clears his throat, "incident.. and now everything is somewhat normal."

Mom and I nod. "Okay. Hopefully Jeremy and Michael will tell us more.." she sighs. "Anyways. What's been happening?" Mom asks. "Jermey has been fidgeting, and now has dark bags under his eyes. Which is unusual, because he usually gets a pretty good amount of sleep nowadays." Jeremy's dad says.

I nod once more. "Okay. I'm going to go and check on them, because I think that Jeremy slept over at Michael's house last night." I stand up. "Okay. Be safe, honey." Mom kisses my cheek again, and I walk out the door.

I knock on Michael's door with my good hand, and his mom opens up. "Hello, Evan! Are you looking for Michael and Jeremy?" She asks. I nod. "Okay! They are in the basement with Rich. They just woke up." She explains. "Okay. Thanks." I say. "No problem!"

I walk in, and she closes the door. I go into the basement, seeing Rich, Michael, and Jeremy all talking. They don't seem to notice me, so I stand behind the railing, and listen into their conversation.

"What should we do?"

"I don't know.. call Jake?"

"No, he wouldn't know what to do. This is the squip; how's he going to help?"

"True, true. But we need to find a way to fix this, Jeremy, before it kills you."

"It can kill me!?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

"Gee, thanks. That's totally helping right now."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Tall Ass."

"Anyways.."

I close the door, letting them know that I'm here. They jump, and I walk down. "How much of that did you hear?" Jeremy asks. "Hear what?" I lie. God, I hate lying.. I think to myself.

"Nothing," Michael shrugs. "Anyways. Whatcha need?" He asks, a slight smile on his face. "I just wanted to check up on you. You have been acting quite... strange, ever since we moved here. Well, I did just meet you." I chuckle nervously.

"Heh, yeah. It's fine. We are just a little stressed, is all." Jeremy reassures, although I don't buy it for a second.

I just merely nod, and this branches off into a selection of random, strange, and weird topics.

"How the fuck do black widow spiders have babi-"

"MICHAEL!"