Meeting? (Chapter Six)

Jeremy's POV

I am sitting in my bed, wide awake. I yawn, getting a slight electric shock to the arm. I don't flinch, nor hiss in pain. I am used to the pain of electrocution by now.

I have to wear long pants, and long sleeve shirts, because the scars from the shocks are starting to show on my skin. (They look like the ones in the picture above.) Dad and Heidi are starting to get concerned for my health, as I do not eat much anymore, I don't sleep, and I'm wearing long clothes in the warm weather.

I get called down to the living room by my dad, to which I groan quietly and tiredly to myself. I groggily stumble down the stairs, my muscles and body screaming for sleep.

I get another shock, and stand up straighter. "Good," says the squip inside my head. He has learned to say simple words and commands, which makes me even more miserable.

Heidi, dad, Jared, Connor- for some reason-, and Evan are sitting on the couch. Michael is sitting on a different one, and I sit next to him. "I'm going to cut straight to the chase," dad says. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yes. Why would I be?" I lie. "Don't let him know.." Squip pesters inside of my broken mind. I try to ignore him, but the echo is loud in my head like a megaphone. "Yeah. We are fine." Michael reassures- another lie.

"You are not fine. You and Michael both have bags under your eyes, and you," Heidi says, pointing at me, "have been wearing long sleeves, and long pants, even though it's hot almost every day." I just look at the ground, not having the energy to say more.

I get shocked again, and immediately look back up. Evan, this time, talks, which startles us all. "You have the squip, don't you, Jeremy?" He says, his voice slightly monotone, and serious, like he knows what he is talking about.

Heidi, Connor, and Jared look confused. Dad just looks mildly concerned, not knowing exactly what a squip is yet.

Meanwhile, Michael and I have our eyes wide open with terror. "I-I-" I get shocked once more, and this time, I flinch. I get caught off guard.

"Jeremy, Michael, don't lie. I heard you talking about it, and I know what it is." Evan pulls up something on his phone, and shows it to us. It's an article about squips, and what happened at our old school.

"Evan.. h-how-" I start, but get cut off. "What the hell is going on, and what is a squip?" Jared says in a confused, yet stern voice. I say nothing, and look at the ground. I rub my arm, nervous and scared.

"You fucked up.." The squip repeats in my head. I resist the urge to scream, yell, try to get somebody to help me. Try to get out of the mess I am in. Scream for help, and get assistance with the agony I'm feelings.

Michael finally just nods, slowly. "..yes. Jeremy does have the squip.. again." He murmurs, quietly, terrified. "What is a squip!? What is going on!?" Jared exclaims. "Yeah, I'm confused." Connor agrees, along with Heidi.

Dad is just silent, not knowing exactly what to say. He knows that the squip is a bad thing, but has no idea of the capabilities of this small, computer pill.

"I'm s..sorry.." I murmur. "It's not your fault, Jeremy." Evan says. Michael nods, and we both go silent again. I take a deep breath, and explain as best I can. "I got the squip from Rich. He doesn't have his anymore, yet. I got it last year, in school. Everything the article says is true." I murmur. "What did the article say?" Heidi asks.

"Rich burned down a house, I almost killed the entire school, I cut Michael out of my life, and squipped the rest of the school. Mountain Dew Red gets rid of every squip in a 100 Mile Radius. All of their squips are gone, for now." I murmur once more.

Connor, Jared, Heidi, and Dad now look even more confused. Evan shows them the article from earlier, and a different one, explaining in more detail what a squip is.

My phone suddenly dings, and I see it's a text from Christine. I look at it.

Jeremy please help! My squip is back, and I don't know what to do! She keeps pestering me, and shocking me! Please, please, PLEASE HELP! Get Michael and Rich to help as well, if you can, just help!!

"Christine's squip is back as well." I mutter. "Oh. Great." Michael sighs. "Well, what are we supposed to do?" Michael asks, looking up at everybody else. They all have pitiful (children) looks on their faces, along with terrified ones and confused ones.

"We get the group back together."