Best Day Ever (Chapter 11)

I'm really sorry, everyone, for not updating. If you have any ideas for this story, please let me know <3

Thank you all for being so patient. Also, this is the chapter where Heathers comes into play a littttle bit more!

Also, yes, I am aware that in New Jersey they do not pour their own slushes at 7-Eleven! Just bare with me here. (I'm basing the 7-Eleven off of the own in my town)

Also, there's another reference in here. It's not that subtle, but, whatever lol

~Griffin

~~~~~~

Jeremy's POV
~Timeskip a few days~

Today, Michael and I have decided to go to a 7-Eleven to just hang out. It's been a stressful week already, and we just need some time to relax, and enjoy each others company.

It's just Michael and I. No Evan, no Jared, no Jake, not anybody else. It's just us, and only us.

Anywho, Michael stops the car, and hops out along with me. We walk into the 7-Eleven in a comfortable silence, looking around, and noticing that there really isn't anyone here. Only two other customers; a man wearing a black trench coat, and a woman wearing a blue skirt and button-up shirt.

Michael and I walk up to the slushee machine, grabbing two cups. We start talking, and I notice the man in the black trench coat glancing over at us. "So.." I start the conversation. "You really kicked Rich's ass?"

Michael laughs. "Yeah. I mean, how could I not?" He shrugs. I laugh along with him, and we both lean up against a counter, talking to each other.

The employee doesn't seem to mind. It's a man, looking around in his 20's, with purple-dyed hair. He has pale skin, and a smile on his face, as he talks to the co-worker beside him, which is somebody who has blue and purple dyed hair, along with their eyebrows. They look like they may be non-binary. I catch a quick glance at both of the name tags, them saying Thomas for the purple haired, and Talyn for the multi-colored haired one.

I put my attention back to Michael. He's ranting about something, so I tune back in. "-I mean, how does somebody have the nerve to do that? Like, he just puts up an article of something that is super personal! And he made it pretty obvious who and what it was about, if you went to our old high school! Right!?" Michael looks at me.

I chuckle, thinking about how adorable he is when he rants. "Yeah, Micah." I respond. Michael just laughs, "you weren't even listening, you dork." He lightly hits me on the shoulder, and I laugh along with him. "But, seriously. You are right. Rich has some nerve to do that."

Michael nods. "Anywho..-" He gets cut off by a girls voice. "Hello! Um, I couldn't help but notice you two here. My friend, Heather McNamera, has met you before, correct?" I turn around, seeing the girl in the blue from before, and the man in the trench coat. He looks quite unamused, and intimidating.

"Yeah, we met her a while back." Michael speaks up. The girl smiles. "My name is Veronica Sawyer, and this is my boyfriend, JD." The girl, now known as Veronica, introduces. I smile back, as well as Michael.

"Cool. My names Michael Mell." Michael says "I'm Jeremy Heere." I introduce myself, as well. "Nice to meet you.." the guy, introduced as JD, says. His voice is smooth, yet slightly husky.

Veronica grabs a cup, and JD does as well. Michael I fill our cups up with cherry flavored slushee, and Veronica gets Mountain Dew flavored. JD gets cherry as well. "Have you ever had Mountain Dew slushee? It's really good." Veronica comments. Michael and I look at each other. "Yeah." We say, both of us thinking of the irony of this question.

Veronica nods, then looking at her phone. "Oh! JD, we've got to go. The ceremony, remember?" She says, nudging JD to get his attention. He nods. "Okay." Veronica turns back to us, "it was nice meeting you two, but we have to go." She hands Michael and I a slip of paper, "my number, in case you want to talk!" She says.

Michael and I nod. "Okay! See you later Veronica, JD." I say goodbye, and Veronica quickly takes money out of her purse, putting it onto the front counter to pay. One of the cashiers, Thomas (as his name tag says), turns around with a smile. JD pays for his slushee, as well. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" He says happily. Veronica thanks him, pulling her boyfriend out the door, the small bell at the top ringing as she does.

After a little while longer, Michael and I decide to head out. Michael pays for his slushee, I pay for mine, and we both walk out the door. We get into his car, starting to drive back home.

****

We close the car doors, after parking in front of my house. Michael and I step up onto my porch, then realizing how late it had gotten. I check my phone, seeing the time. It's 9:24 PM. "Wow. We were out for a while," I chuckle. "Mhm." Michael agrees.

I'm about to go into my house, but Michael has other plans. He suddenly grabs my wrist, pulling me closer to him. He presses his lips to mine, closing his eyes. I am shocked, and tense at first, but eventually ease into it.

We pull apart, needing to breath. Stupid oxygen. I grumble inside my head. Michael looks at me, both of us panting. "S-Sorry.." he says, breathing out. "Don't be sorry." I pant. We both smile, and after we catch our breath, finally say our goodbyes.

"See you tomorrow, Micah." I say in a sweet voice. "See you tomorrow, Jer-Bear." Michael kisses me on the cheek, making my face turn red. His does, too.

Michael walks across the yard to his house, blowing a final kiss over to me, before smiling and walking into his house. I walk into mine, seeing my dad asleep on the couch. A comedy show is playing on the TV, and I chuckle. Typical dad.

I walk upstairs into my room, closing the door, and lay on my bed. A huge smile is on my face as the day replays over and over again in my head, my heart flipping whenever I think of the kiss.

Best. Day. Ever.