11 | Eating is so last year.

Goldilocks🚺

"Oh-em-gee guys, you wouldn't believe what I just heard," Beverly exclaims as she hurriedly pulls out a seat from the round table. Her lips move rapidly as she yaps away to the rest of the table but the sound is drowned by the loud thoughts in my head.

Thoughts that revolve round a single question: How long would this peace last?

For the past two weeks, the question pondered in my mind. Every decision was made in fear of what Theodore Miller would do next. It was like the calm before the storm but a non-metaphorical storm in this case, as Theodore himself was a storm. A storm with two feet, two hands and a British accent.

Meanwhile, my new found friends took that time to give me a proper tour of the school. They told me how the school was founded by a Polish woman named Felicity Gillipot, a woman with a vision for nerds around the world. Needless to say, it answered most of my questions, like why the school had such a weird emblem and why everyone within the school's vicinity wore nerd glasses.

It also explained the strange brochure I received before coming to this school.

°°°°° • °°°°°

Are you a nerd?

Do you read dictionaries in your free time?

Do you have a 'weird' fetish?

Then St.Oliver's is the school for you!

For ages, society has labelled gifted people like us, 'nerds'. Here at St.Oliver's, we embrace that title. We are proud of our peculiar nature. Our school is loaded with brain power. Brain power that will change the future of our world. So push back those glasses, fix up those retainers and come on over to St.Oliver's!

For more enquiries, contact: 1234567891011.

S t. O l i v e r ' s s c h o o l
f o r n e r d s .

Come over to the nerd side.

π

We have Pi.

°°°°° • °°°°°

Of course, Mom hadn't cared to read it. She'd just chosen the nearest school and signed me up.

"So what do you think, Sophia? Are you joining?" Raine asks, successfully shaking me out of my reverie.

"Um, joining what?"

"The school talent show Bev was just talking about," she explains. "Mont and I are pairing up this year. We're dancing. Ballroom style."

"That's...cool," I nod. "I don't think I'll be joining though. Dancing's not for me."

"You can pair up with me," Katherine offers. "You can sing and I'll play the guitar.'

"Oh, no. I'm not much of a singer either-"

"You don't have to worry about that. The song I have in my head is mostly guitar. You won't sing much."

"It'll be the perfect opportunity for you to blend more into the school," Raine adds.

"And the perfect opportunity for you to humiliate yourself," Mont says in a sullen tone. "Just talking from experience here."

"Shut up Mont, we're trying to convince her."