Heartbreak? (1 pt.)

(A/N) sorry not a happy ending one because i feel like crap for a really stupid reason but read the end authors note

Your pov

Today's the day. I sat on my bed twiddling my thumbs. Thinking about what to say. How do you tell your roommate you like them in a more than friends way? I sink into my comforter and sigh. Ethan is out for the day. I have time to gather some confidence. I pull my computer onto my lap and play one of Ethan's old videos to listen to while I clear my mind.

~

I'm standing at the stove cooking some dinner. I decided to tell him while we eat. I'm stirring the pot when, Click. The door unlocks. I glace over and see Ethan walking through the door way. I take a deep breath.

"Hey Eth."

"Oh hey (Y/N). Whatcha making?"

"Just some spaghetti."

"Cool."

"How was your day out?"

"It was really great actually. And who better to talk about it with than my best friend?" he giggles.

"I actually have to talk to you about something too, we can talk over dinner." I said with a smile.

~

"So, what happened to make you so giddy tonight?" I asked. He has looked like a puppy when their owner comes home since he got back.

"I finally asked Madison out and she said yes!" he exclaimed.

I felt my heart drop. I plastered a fake smile on and said,

"That's great!"

I knew he was friends with her but he never said anything about wanting to ask her out. I twirled my noodles on my fork and continued,

"What's she like? You don't talk about her much." I said immediately regretting it.

"She's so amazing. She has a great sense of humor, she's always so kind, and she's extremely gorgeous. And her eyes, it's like I can see the ocean in them." he said with a grin on his face.

I gulp. Why did I ask that? Am I trying to shatter my heart even more? I should reply before an awkward silence comes along.

"Sounds like you hit the jackpot huh? I wish I was that lucky." I said staring at the wall behind him.

"I'm sure you'll find someone (Y/N), you're the best person I know!"

He doesn't know it, but he's making this conversation so much harder for me. I guess I let the conversation drop because it was quiet for a bit while I was lost in thought.

"Oh wait, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" he said finishing up his dinner.

Picking at my noodles I replied,

"It can wait. I have to go finish up some things for work." more like it can go find a cliff to jump off of so I don't have to deal with this. How am I heartbroken if we were never even dating?

I scrape the barely eaten spaghetti off my plate into the trash, put it in the sink, and trudge up to my room. Once again I sink into my many blankets and pillows hugging one to my chest. Through the crack in my door I hear Ethan on the phone. 'I love you, bye babe!'. I resist the urge to cry. I stand up and close my door. I grab my phone and go back to the bed. I pull up Ethan's Instagram and in his following list I search 'Madison'. Scrolling through her profile I realize that I never had a chance. She's so perfect for him and he's probably the happiest guy in the world right now. I want to be just as happy as he is for him but I just can't. I was head over heels for him.

~

It's been about a month. Almost everyday he's out with Madison and if he's not, he's recording or editing. I feel like i'm losing my best friend. It's not that Madison has been keeping him from me purposefully, she actually is really sweet. I can't hate her. Man I really fell hard for this blue boy. Why can't I move on? I need a vacation from life. I quickly pack a suitcase and my backpack. I text Ethan,

"I'm leaving for a week"

I pocket my phone and get in my car. I start to drive, no destination in mind.

(A/N) should I continue this imagine? i'm not sure. I wont if no one suggests it. Deuces✌️