Chapter Two: The Name's Maurice

I yawned, walking through the hallways. I heard snickers about my scarf, most kids just thought I had a hickey and I would rather they believe that than what actually happened. I felt someone push me and I growled but didn't turn to them, in this school it could be anyone. I was an outcast from the day I'd moved here. Sure, I'd made a couple of friends, but I mainly stayed to myself.

"They don't seem too happy with you." I heard from beside me as I sat in a seat. I turned to see kids in the back pointing at me and shrugged.

"Dunno what I did, but I guess it was enough to push their buttons." I said, turning to the kid that had spoke to me. There sat a boy in a long black leather coat, he had dark hair and chocolate eyes. 

"Jason Dean, JD for short." he said, sticking out a hand and I smiled, shaking it.

"Amour." I introduced myself and he eyed my scarf. I adjusted it, making sure it covered my neck fully.

"So what happen there, you get a major hickey or something?" he asked with an interested smile and I looked to the front of the room as the teacher walked in.

"Or something."

Tonight was worse than any other night. I got home after my daily run to the store, I got home to find my mom gone and my dad drunk. I began putting away the groceries, knowing it would be bad news if I said anything. I turned around and my dad was standing in front of me, I jumped, looking down.

"Look at me." he ordered and I refused to, "Look at me." he said with a slightly raised voice as I felt a slight sting hit my face. I looked up and him and his dark eyes stared back at me, "Who'd you bring over last night?" he asked, "Your mother told me, so don't bother lying." 

"That bitch." I mumbled, earning another slap, this one harder than the last.

"Who was it?" he asked and I looked up at him.

"No one, all she saw was clothes. My clothes." I said, my voice raising slightly. He glared at me and I stood up straighter.

"Get to work." he said and backed up.

"Yeah, I was, moody." I muttered and he turned back to me, swinging a fist. I fell to the ground and grabbed my face, groaning slightly as he pulled at my hair and I let out a shriek.

"Stop talking shit and just do what I tell you to." he whispered close to my face, his breath reeked of alcohol.

Great... More bruises.

It was late at night now, and I had a plan. I had a lamp in my room that would turn on with the click of a button as I had rewired it, I also had a plan for the bed if the intruder were to come again.

Luckily, he did.

I heard the sound of shuffling as my bed moved slightly. I watched through my eyelashes as he looked at me, trying to decide if I was asleep or not. I calmed my breathing and made it look like I was.

"Isn't that just precious." he said with a sarcastic tone in his voice before he turned, looking around my room once again. I reached for my remote and turned on the light, hearing a slight groan come from the guy as he shrunk into clothes.

"What the hell are you?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows as I sat on the floor by the pile of clothes, poking at it.

"I don't know, what the hell are you?" a male voice came from them and I jumped back, staring at it in shock, "Hey, can you turn off the lights? It's getting a little hot in here." he said and I shook my head.

"No, you'll run away, or kill me, or both." I said and crossed my arms.

"What if I say I won't do either of those?" he asked and I smiled slightly.