FAKE HAPPY

the snowball isnt something i'd plan to attend, but if my friends(& slight enemies) forced me to go, i would. but i don't know why i did, because i watched the two lovebirds dance in the middle of the room, swaying perfectly to the music playing in the background and it kind of hurt.

when i met Mike Wheeler, he seemed weird at first. him and his weirdo friends (who are now also friends with me) would stare at me while i sat at the back of the class, but Mike would be more suspicious about me. i tried to be friends with him but he wouldn't try to be friends with me. though, when i found out about the upside down and all that, i got that he couldn't be friends with me, there was too much stuff going on at the time. but it's not that he couldn't be friends with me, he just didn't want to.

i mean, we did once get some alone time in the gym while we were looking for Dart, Dustin's pet from the upside down. i was skating in circles around him and we were both smiling. but Mike's smile felt special to me, cause it was rare for him to smile around me. in that moment, i felt weird and it's kinda like i just clicked with Mike, but that's obviously not what he thinks. the only thing i hated was that Mike's psycho 'girlfriend', Eleven, now known as Jane, used her powers to make me fall off my skateboard because she thought i was hitting on him.

Jane was a very weird girl. i tried introducing myself to her but it didn't work, she just walked away. but i have to be honest, when she made me fall, i was glad. Mike grabbed my hand and helped me up, and he acted like he was actually worried about me. but after that, he didn't talk to me that much again.

i guess we're friends, but also enemies. as we were trying to save Will from the shadow monster, i slowly saw how close
the boys were together and i just wish i was close with them as well. although both Dustin &
Lucas like me, i feel like they don't want me in their friend group. maybe Jane should be the only girl in the group.

but i guess the whole point of this explanation was to say that i slightly liked Mike. so the fact that he was a few feet away from me, dancing with another girl that hates me, hurts. i stared at them enviously, "Max?" Lucas snapped me out of it, then quickly smiled. "do you – do you want to dance?" i looked at Dustin and obviously, he looked hurt. he looked at me and gave me a signal to say that it was fine.

"sure, let's dance." even though i didn't want to, i grabbed his hand and we walked over next to the 'perfect' couple and started dancing. it was kind of awkward because Lucas' hands weren't around my waist. i saw Mike take a glance at us and smiled, i smiled back.

i kept watching the two as if i was some creepy stalker. "you okay?" Lucas asked, i nodded, fake smiling. i though for one last time took a look at the couple, and next thing i know was that they kissed, it lasted three seconds. i froze, and being the jealous person i am, i quickly turned to Lucas and placed my lips on his. he smiled at me and i tried to be happy as well, but i couldn't. i was just fake happy.

this chapter sucked but hopefully the next chapter is better
also i started this book because i love madwheeler and it's an underrated ship bye