GO AHEAD AND CRY

"Max! i've been looking for you," Dustin suddenly screamed, stopping me from my tracks. "Lucas has been going around the school saying that you and him are — dating."

"what? that's bullshit!" i whisper-shouted, Will also coming up to us in the act, "we just kissed, that's all. that doesn't make it official. i'm gonna kill that idiot."

"i doubt that, he's told Mike and El as well, Eleven must be happy in fairyland right now knowing that one time you hung out with her 'boyfriend' was just a friend thing," Will spoke.

"what does this have to do with Mike and Eleven?" i asked. Will laughed and made a 'it's obvious' face while Dustin was just confused. i just stood there and made an angry look at Will, then Lucas came up to us and put his arm around my neck.

"Lucas, we're not dating," i detached his arm and turned to face him, his face was mixed with sadness, confusion and anger. "a kiss doesn't mean anything, you're smart enough to know that."

"oh. that's fine. i just wanted to tell you guys AV club after school." he said and walked away.
_____

"not you, boys only." Lucas stopped me from entering the room.

"then why is El there? look, i've dealt with the upside down stuff in the past, what's the problem now?" i replied angrily, tapping my foot loudly on the floor.

"this situation is just different, it has nothing to do with the upside down. also don't try to break in this time." he slammed the door in my face and i jumped. i put my ear against the door and tried to eavesdrop their conversation, all i got out of it was Lucas saying 'help me ask', 'max will be happy' and a 'this is stupid' from Mike.

what was going on? i heard them all cheering in the room, then leaving the door. i quickly got up from the floor and started to walk. they just stared at me but i continued walking. i ran up to Mike. "what were you guys talking about-" "Lucas wants to ask you out." he whispered quietly enough so none of them can hear us.

"do you mind coming over to my house and explaining this whole thing since i don't want to date Lucas." i asked nervously, Mike looked at me confused, but i just made a 'please, i beg' face.

"fine, but i got to take Eleven home first so you have to wait a while." i rolled my eyes and muttered an 'of course' to myself. "also, if you try to pull some shit on me, i will murder you." he said out of the blue.

"i'm so scared, wheeler."
_____

it was 7:00 pm and i was still waiting for Mike to arrive. it wouldn't take that long for him to drop off Eleven at home. i sighed, thinking that maybe he had ditched me. i needed to have a shower anyways, so i quickly got up and grabbed things to get ready for the shower.

i mixed the hot and cold water until it was to my liking, letting the water hit my skin like raindrops. halfway through the shower i heard someone enter my bedroom, but i knew it was probably my mom putting my clothes away or something.

i got out of the shower, noticing that i didn't bring a towel. i sighed, walking out of the bathroom, trying to find a towel in my bedroom closet or something, since there is one always lying around in there, and i found one. but then i heard a familiar voice.

"uh, m-max?"

i turned around in shock, i froze for three seconds then i tried to cover my naked body with the towel, only to find Mike Wheeler sitting on my bed. "fuck, Mike! who the fuck let you in?" i shouted. "also, you could've told me before i walked in that you were here instead of staring at my ass all day!"

"your mom said you were in the shower, so she told me to wait up h-here." he replied, i swear im going to kill my mom. "your body was just disturbing." his eyes widening more than they were already.

"disturbing in a good or bad way?" "both?"

my face turned red, my eyes also widening. "alright, i'm going to put on some clothes now, i'll be right back," i slowly walked out of the room, mentally face palming.

i put my clothes on and walked to the mirror. i started banging my head against it saying 'why did this have to happen' and 'ugh' multiple times. how the fuck did he even get to my room when my brother is home? i walked out and went back to my room. sitting on my bed, i looked at Mike but he didn't dare to look at me.

i turned to face the wall, "well, this is awkward." i said suddenly. he broke out in a laugh and i smiled. "you sound like you're dying, Wheeler."

"thanks? i like your smile, i think? this is the second time i've seen you smile. but anyways, i think Lucas has a crush on you." he said and i rolled my eyes.

"don't remind me, what was his plan?" "he wanted people, most likely the whole school, to gather around in the gymnasium and have you follow Dustin and Will in there. then he'll ask you out infront of everyone, then you deny him, the end."

"great way to put it, Mike." i hid my face in hands.

"well, great talk, but i said to El i would hang out with her tonight." he was about to leave but i quickly grabbed his arm.

"Mike, not everything revolves around your girlfriend, she's just another human." i stared him down but he looked more angry than ever.

"you're gonna pull that fucking card on me? you know, Eleven would never-" "Geez, Mike! stop comparing people to her! and bullshit! Eleven would say something like that about me, because she DOES hate me. you hate me as well, because everything El hates, you hate too! i've known you for a while Mike, i'm not stupid!" i screamed and stood up from my bed. he looked like he was trying to figure out what to say.

"look, you could be right, but you aren't! you're just selfish! okay? it's not just me, because NOBODY likes you! Eleven is waiting for me, i got to go." my face softened at the words and i grabbed Mike's arm for the second time. "don't fucking touch me, you asshole!" he pushed me down onto my bed and i felt a tear fall down my face.

"go ahead and cry. i don't care." he left the house through my window, and i was left on the bed, being a teary mess.

this is so bad im sorry
lemme know if u enjoyed