YOU ARE SO PRETTY

all of us, including Will & Dustin, have decided to go to the police station to tell them about El. bad idea though, because right now Hopper was crying his eyes out and telling himself that it was all his fault, but we all calmed him. we were all waiting for our parents to pick us up. except me, i was probably gonna skate home after everybody left.

"hey, Anne, who's picking you up? i could help you get home." i tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear since it was really annoying me. she mocked me by pulling my hair back and she laughed.

"i think my boyfriend is gonna be picking me up." she shrugged and i nodded. everybody went silent again.

there were occasional glances between me and Mike or me and Lucas. Will looked terrified even though he didn't experience the anything and Dustin looked clueless. Anne didn't really know what was going on or why El had kidnapped her.

soon enough, everybody went home and it was only me and Mike.

Joyce had picked up will, she looked scared. Steve had picked up Dustin but made a funny entrance to cheer us up when he walked into the police station. Anne was picked up by a boy, whose name was Gilbert, i believe [ thank you so much for finding Anne."]. Lucas decided to ride his bike home because he was getting tired and wanted to go home immediately, we begged him to stay but he wouldn't listen.

"are you cold?" Mike asked. i looked at him confused.

"uh — no, i'm-" but when i looked back at him, he was already taking his jacket off and putting it over me. i rolled my eyes.

it was very awkward with me and Mike. i caught him staring a few times, and when he was caught he would just smile. when i would get stressed, i'd tap my hand repeatedly on my thigh, so Mike would put his hand on top of mine to stop me doing it, but i'd always slip my hand out.

"why do you hate me so much? don't give me a stupid answer." i decided to speak up more since we're probably gonna be stuck here for another hour.

he sighed and took a minute to think as if his life depended on it, "i don't know, i just didn't like that there was another girl in our friend group and-" "Mike Wheeler, are you trying to tell me that you were jealous?" i cut him off loudly and everybody in the station was looking at us, he was red and i watched amusingly.

"yes, i was jealous. please don't say that again." he hid his face and i laughed, "also, i've been meaning to tell you since we got here, that im so sorry. i'm sorry about the whole thing when i had a panic attack and i said you were really jealous of Eleven. like when i said you don't like her because she's prettier than you? — which also, you are so pretty — like, i love your red hair- and eyes! i love your eyes."

"jeez, how desperate can you be? you're forgiven." i smiled, "i'm also sorry about everything i said to you, and i'm sorry about the kiss, not if you liked it though." i winked sarcastically.

"liked it? i loved it!" he said sarcastically and laughed, "you're forgiven. i know that you're gonna skate home, so why don't you just stay over my house? you can sleep with Nancy in her room, or if you want you can sleep with me. not in the sexual way, of course." he smirked jokingly.

"no way. Nancy has never even spoken to me properly and if i was gonna sleep with you, that would be so gross! boys and girls gotta have their own private space." i crossed my arms as if i was an angry toddler.

"private space? is that why you and i are sitting so close to each other right now?" he giggled and i looked down to see that our legs and arms were literally touching. i shrugged and smiled up at Mike.

i put my head on his shoulder tiredly and closed my eyes lightly just so i wouldn't fall asleep in a police station. i felt his hand go around my waist and i snorted quietly, he seemed to have heard because the next thing he said was "what's so funny?"

"you're acting like we're a couple." i opened my eyes and looked up at him. "i just found it insanely funny."

"says the one who kissed me," he whispered, "i still hate you." i gasped and put my middle finger up, laughing.

"Mike!" Nancy came walking in and i quickly leaned off Mike. he walks over to Nancy and hugs her for a very long time, i smile as i wish i had an older sibling who was a role model to me, but all i have is stinking Billy. "hi, Max." she waves to me and i wave back.

i stand up from my chair and and get my skateboard, "so i guess ill go now. say i said hi to your parents and Holly."

"wait! Nancy, would it be okay if Max stays over the night in your room?" Mike blurted out and i stared at him to say 'please don't'.

"yeah! i mean, it would give me a bit of time to to know Max." Nancy replied and i made a small grin. "sure, why not?" i said agreeing to stay over.

she nodded but then she raised a brow. "why are you wearing Mike's jacket? and why do you have your hand around Max's waist?" i looked down to see Mike's hand wrapped around my waist again and i rolled my eyes. "is there something i should know? are you guys — dating?"

"no!" we said in unison.

"we're completely different, we can't like eachother." i said.

i was standing outside of Nancy's bedroom, right near the door. "i am so sorry if she gets too annoying for you, just come to my room and tell me, i'm always up anyways." Mike made a thumbs up and i rolled my eyes.

just as i was about to walk into Nancy's room, Mike grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "Max?" i looked at him and raised my eyebrows. "you know when back at the station i said i loved our kiss as a joke?" i nodded and he began to smile, "i didn't say it as a joke, i'm serious."

"shut up and go to bed." i slammed the door in his face and laughed.

i jumped onto Nancy's bed and she started some conversation starters. they were all normal at first and i was enjoying it, until she asked me "do you like Mike?" i widened my eyes and shook my head endlessly. Nancy laughed and said "sure."

but when the lights were out and we were trying to sleep, i started to think that what if i do like Mike? what will happen to Lucas? i will feel so bad for Lucas, he's one of my best friends.

Mike was thinking about the same thing in bed, but he had already found out if he did like Max or not.

i really don't like this chapter but here's some madwheeler cuteness?? lol idk
BUT OOOOOO NANCY KNOWS WHATS GOING DOWNNN

also should i make Anne a main character? so like she can become best friends with Max at school and all that?