DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

"mom? i'm home!" i shouted. i grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and flopped myself on the sofa next to Billy, who was watching tv. i heard someone coming downstairs to see my mom. she looked really angry at me, i sighed.

"Maxine Hargrove!-" "it's Max Mayfield, mom." i took a bite of my apple and looked at Billy, who laughed at my statement. i looked back at my mom and judging by the look on her, she looked angrier than before.

"where were you last night?-" "oh, i don't know, mom. if you would've answered your phone calls, maybe you would've known but you're too busy having sex with Billy's dad." i scoffed.

"watch your language! you are grounded for a week!" she took my apple off me and threw it in the bin as i gave her a questioning look. i was eating that! i got as mad as my mother and spoke up.

"no. tonight i'm going to a sleepover with my friends. and yes, mom, they're boys!" i made aggressive actions with my hands as i talked, where my mother just gave me a disgusted look. i looked back at Billy and he seemed to give me a not-so-scary death stare. "relax, it's not going to turn into a child orgy." Billy seemed to be laughing now.

"how do you even know what that is? go to your room!" my mom pointed to the door of my bedroom and i groaned. i shoved her purposely and went into my room, slamming the door. i laid myself on my bed, sighing. i knew i wasn't going to give up though, so i grabbed a random backpack from my closet and started to pick up any clothing that i was gonna need.

i grabbed my skateboard and threw it out the window along with my backpack. i put my two legs out the window, sitting on the windowsill and jumped down. i jumped into the bushes, which kind of hurt my legs but whatever. i started to skate on the roads to Mike's house, unexcitedly. the only person i trust right now is Dustin because Will seems secretive as if he's hiding something, Lucas is just being annoying by playing 'matchmakers' and Mike acts like i'm his girlfriend and its starting to get on my nerves.

i arrive at Mike's house and walk up to the door, knocking. fortunately, it was Dustin who answered. he gave me a smile and invited me in. "everybody's here, you were the last one to arrive." he told me politely. he led me to the basement where all the boys were sitting down. i ran down the stairs, nearly falling.

"i hate that i'm the only girl here." i sat down on the floor, sitting across Mike and Will. Dustin took a seat next to me, along with Lucas. "so, what's the first activity of this shitty sleepover? i literally snuck out for this."

"you snuck out? badass Maxine Mayfield snuck out!" Lucas clapped and i got annoyed when he called me Maxine. i pinched his arm to get him back, "ouch!"

"we're gonna watch a movie because we're not productive in sleepover activities." Dustin explained and i nodded. Mike got up and put a movie in the VHS tape. Will went to go get blankets and Lucas went to go get the popcorn. i sat in the back of room waiting for everybody.

Lucas came back with two bowls of popcorn as Will came back with three blankets. Lucas handed me the popcorn and as he held the other one and sat in the corner with Will and Dustin. Will threw me a blanket and i smiled at what movie was playing on the tv, Ghostbusters.

but my smile faded as Mike decided to sit down next to me instead of the boys, oh, for fucks sake. he smiled as he grabbed a handful of popcorn and i rolled my eyes. "why don't you just sit next to the boys?" i asked, wrapping the blanket on Mike as well just because the whole thing was wrapped on me.

"because, why not? plus, you'll be lonely." he smiled wider, intertwining his hand with mine under the blanket, but i was quick to take my hand out. i glared at Mike and moved my eyes to Lucas who was staring at us, 'i hate you' i mouthed to him. Lucas pretended to shed a tear.

an hour through the movie, i felt a grip against my wrist, which was Mike signaling that he wanted to speak to me privately. i looked at the rest of the boys who were fast asleep. i nodded and he stood up, taking his hand out. i took it and he led me to his bedroom upstairs.

i closed the door behind us, but the next thing i knew was that i was pinned against it by Mike. "what the fuck?!" i tried to get out of his grip but he wouldn't let me. i looked up at him and our eyes locked. but there was fear in my eyes and Mike looked — aggressive.

"are you the one that hates me now?" he whispered. i was still trying to get out of his grip, but i couldn't, and my eye had a tear fall. Mike saw and got his hands off my wrists. he hugged me tightly but i didn't hug back, "Max, i'm so sorry-" "no, Mike." i pushed him off of me, "you're starting to scare me. i actually used to like you, alot, but now you're just another enemy. i hate you so much, i'm over you." i started to cry a little bit, that being the cue for me to leave the room.

"Max, wait." i turned around, waiting for Mike to say or do something else. he took a step closer to me, putting his hand on my cheek, wiping away a tear. but i knew his other intention was to kiss me. "don't even think about it." i quietly spat, but he did it anyway. he kissed me, and the worst thing was that i kissed back. i was disgusted at my own self, but i couldn't let go of him. his arms were again around my waist and mine were wrapped around his neck. i was still crying and i could taste my own tears.

Mike pulled away, smirking, with a line of mixed saliva connected to our lips, "if you were to kiss me back like that, i doubt that you're over me."

he went back in with a deeper kiss, but i pulled away after a few seconds and slapped him, "i fucking hate you." i tried to look mad, but Mike just kept that same fucking smirk.

"sorry, you're just very tempting that i can't not kiss you," he moved closer by the second and all i could think of was i hate him, i hate him, i hate him. "and you're just very tempting that i can't not kick you." i rolled my eyes once again.

"you're getting feisty, Maxine." i turned angry real quick after he called me 'Maxine'.

"shut the fuck up. i'll see you never, asshole." i turned around and left, slamming the door. i need to stop that habit.

i went to the basement and grabbed my skateboard & backpack quickly without waking the boys. i ran to the front door and set my skateboard on the floor. i skated home because i knew my mom probably checked on me while i was gone so she'll be very angry once i got home.

i walked over to my bedroom window and climbed in, leaving my skateboard outside hidden in the bushes for me to ride tomorrow. i closed the window and groaned. i didn't bother to put on pyjamas, i immediately went to bed.

i'm not going to think about Mike Wheeler for one more second.

sigh.

brain, stop it.

WOO WHAT A CHAPTER AM I RIGHT EVERYONE
i wrote this at 4am so im sorry if it seems rushed lol
thank you for 2k reads though ILY GUYS

what are your thoughts on this chapter?
ps sorry if there is mistakes in this im too lazy to read over it