THAT NEVER HAPPENED

i didn't want to hang out with any of the boys the next day. i decided to hang with Anne for lunch, but i knew that i had to still see the boys in class, i had science with them at the end of the day. i was only enthusiastic about seeing Dustin. i was packing up my mathematics books neatly in my locker, a familiar redhead approaching me.

"how ya doin'?" i looked over to Anne, her picking up math notes from the floor that i had dropped earlier.

"great." i slammed my locker shut and hissed. i pulled the sleeve of my shirt up, revealing a bruised wrist. "fuck! damn Eleven." i rolled my eyes as Anne hovered over my shoulder to look at my wrist.

"you should go get that checked, you could have fractured it." she said, pulling my sleeve back down. i sighed, the bell ringing loudly over my sigh. "gotta go to class now, have fun in science."

i groaned as a feeling of annoyance had hit me. i walked to class, my eyes glued to the floor the whole time. the books in my hands were heavy, making my wrist even worse. "need help?" i looked to my left to see Mike with a obvious smirk on his face.

i started to walk faster, i was so focused that i didn't notice that i was about to walk in a wall. i hit my forehead on it and groaned loudly. i walked through the class door and went to the empty seat next to Dustin, "is this seat taken?" he shook his hand and i smiled in relief.

i sat down on the chair, setting the heavy books on the table. Dustin leaned over and whispered "hey, we have AV after school, but you don't have to come if you don't want." he slightly grinned and i did the same, nodding.

the whole class i didn't listen, i put my head on the table tiredly, but i had to lift it from the table since Mr. Clarke had noticed. but i did it so many times that i had finally got away with sleeping on the table in the middle of a class lecture. i had felt a stare on me and knew exactly who it was, but i decided not to look back.

the class was finally over, but i was still sleeping on my desk, i didn't even notice that everyone had walked out of class. i felt a hand shove me, "hey, Max? it's time to wake up, school's over." i groaned lightly at the sound of the persons voice. i lifted my head with squinted eyes to see Mike for the second time today.

"just a few more minutes," i put my head back onto the table and snuggled into my arms comfortably, i could hear Mike sigh as he tried to pick me up and make me stand. "Max! c'mon!"

i got annoyed easily and stood up fast my chair, grabbing a thin book from my desk and slapping Mike in the face with it. it looked like didn't hurt him, but my wrist had hurt again from it being twisted. "i said, give me a few more minutes."

i quickly ran away as my face was pale. i didn't even dare go back to get my books in class or go back to my locker to get my skateboard, i ran home. i was out of breath once i had reached the house, my feet had burned.

i ran to my porch and opened my door quicklym, running in to see my mom cooking dinner. before she could question me, i took a seat next to billy. "how was school, dipshit?"

"you don't need to ask me that. but, it was good."

"Max! there's someone at the door for you!" it was 5:30 and my mother had yelled at me from downstairs. i averted my eyes from my difficult math homework.

i ran downstairs and found Mike standing at the door. i pretended to smile and walked to door, nodding to tell my mom to go away. i closed the door behind me and gave a stare at Mike. "what are you doing here?"

"i have your books." he opened his backpack and got out the books i left in class. he handed them to me, and i looked down at them smiling. "there you go, now you're smiling!" he clasped his hands together and smiled as well.

"thanks," i smiled wider but then transformed it into a sarcastic grin, "but i still hate you." we both laughed. Mike nodded and turned around to go home but i stopped him, "hey, Mike?"

"yeah?" his face looked full of hope and happiness. i took a small breath before pulling him in for a hug for just a millisecond, then letting go.

"that never happened." i turned around and walked back into the house, slamming the door in his face.

"ugh!" i shouted, my wrist now having a burning sensation to it. "mom, can you have a look at this?" i walked over to my mom and showed her my arm, she widened her eyes at the sight of it.

"it looks like you've broken it." she replies. i thought about it, but my wrist didn't start hurting until yesterday. i thought Eleven broke it, but i think she was a bit weak at the time for that.

i had found out i had only cracked it, but it wasn't displaced or broken or anything. my mom suggested a cast but i said a bandage only would do fine. so now, my arm was layered with bandages.

"you finally got your arm checked." Anne pointed out and i rolled my eyes. "hopefully the next time you shut your locker, it won't hurt."

i shut my locker on cue as she pretended to be scared as if i was the school's 'badass'.

i walked to class, being five minutes late. i look to the seat that i sat in yesterday, to see Will sitting in it again like he did the other day, so i took the seat next to Mike.

i didn't really care at this point, him and i haven't exactly made up, but i've noticed we've developed a really bad love-hate relationship. even though i was the one who started the problem, i really want to became friends with him again.

i pulled a clean piece of paper out from my book, writing a message for Mike to meet me somewhere after class. i knew the AV club would be unavailable, it always is. so i decided to use the janitors closet even though it was completely disgusting. "meet me in the janitors closet after class. i want to talk."

"hey, Mike," i whispered, he turned his head around and i gave him the paper. he took it and read it while i waited for his response. he looked back at me and smiled, nodding.

we both paid attention for the rest of class until the bell had rung. we both walked to the janitors closet. i opened the door and waited, since Mike probably went back to his locker to get something.

i heard the door open and saw Mike enter, i immediately started to talk, "i'm so sorry, Mike. about everything. before you say something like 'it was my fault', it was mine. i was so mean to you. i really want to be friends again but obviously that will happen and-" "Max?" he cut me off happily.

"yeah?" i took a few breaths since it was taken from me rambling. Mike's smile became wider. "shut up." he let out, i chuckled. "i forgive you."

"alright, good! i gotta go now before i get killed, i'll see you tomorrow, or whatever." i shoved past him and nearly opened the door, Mike stopped me.

"Max?" i turned around and raised my eyebrows. he placed his lips on my awfully chapped lips, and kissed me. i smiled into it, but i didn't kiss back since i was very afraid i was gonna mess it up. i'm awkward when it comes to stuff like this. he pulled away.

"that never happened."

i haven't updated in a bit so here !
sorry if there are any spelling mistakes

have a great day/night and don't forget to be the #1 madwheeler stan!