Prologue

Sombra became increasingly worrisome. Mere days before Chrysalis could barely get out of bed. Now, she can barely breath. In other words, she was dying.

"Chrysalis...?". Sombra managed to say calmly. The changeling guards hissed and growled, yet Chrysalis stuttered, "N-no... please... let me s... see m-my king...". The guards gave him dirty looks as he made his way towards her deathbed. Chrysalis managed to smile weakly as Sombra patted her hoof. Chrysalis then began, "Sombra... I can't th-thank you... enough for-". "Shhhhh...". Sombra comforted, "It's okay. I... should've known this could happen. I could have prevented all of this.". A single tear fell from his eye as he finally sniffled, "I... I hope you can forgive me.". He then hypnotized her into a deep sleep. As she slept, the Changelings growled and one lunged at him. Sombra turned them to stone, then looked at Chrysalis once again. He moved her hair away from her face, tears beginning to swell. He then knew what to do, and to make matters worse, Time was running out. So Sombra held her head close to him, leaned in, and kissed her lips. He then gave his love to her.

Three days later...
Chrysalis awakened to the soft sounds of rain outside her window. As she stretched, she tried to remember what happened to her before she fell asleep. She then got out of bed, and then began to search for Sombra. Once she found him, she smiled softly. He had his head in his hooves crossed on the table, snoring softly. Chrysalis went up to him, and scratched his ear. He moaned softly, trying to awaken. Of course he was too comfortable though. Chrysalis kissed his forehead, and whispered softly, "Thank you...".

Sombra gasped. He looked around frantically, yet sighed softly. Chrysalis was still asleep. As he went to her room, he gasped, "Huh?!". Chrysalis was awake! Chrysalis then looked up, smiling happily. Sombra ran up to her bed and hugged her, sobbing softly. Chrysalis hugged him back, relieved that he was okay. "Shhshhshh...". Chrysalis comforted. Sombra then sniffled, "I... I thought you were... Oh it doesn't matter! You're okay! You're okay...".