Chapter Four: War Has Come

Sombra put on his armored suit. He stared out from the balcony, his soldiers awaiting his command. "CHARGE!!!". Sombra commanded. Both he and the soldiers fought for what seemed like an eternity. Sombra's injuries didn't matter. Right now, he just wanted to get home safe. He managed to turn himself into shadow and fly straight to the ship. Chrysalis waited for almost an hour as she stared into the fire burning their castle. A single tear fell from her eye, knowing she had lost yet another home. She then heard Sombra calling her. She smiled as he limped his way up the stairs. Chrysalis and Sombra shared a loving kiss once again. Tears of joy fell from his eyes as he saw his sleeping princess. Chrysalis then noticed his injuries and bandaged them not long after. Sombra held Crystalline as she slept, comforted that his daughter was with him. As his injuries were being bandaged, Crystalline began to awaken. She smiled happily and cooed, reaching out for her father. He nuzzled her, knowing she was safe from the war outside. One of the guards then came and said they had to retreat. Sombra sighed, Chrysalis looked down as she finished bandaging. "Somby. What if they find us? Will they hurt our family?". Chrysalis asked worryingly. Sombra gazed upon his daughter, his frown turned into a smile, "They won't find us. They won't hurt our family. I promise.". Chrysalis smiled.