Mini Chapter: Why

Chrysalis walked in front of the Empire Entrance. She sighed as she began her magic. Chrysalis used the entrance as a gateway for Sombra's people. So they could be free. As her magic grew too strong, she became weak. Yet Chrysalis kept going, for her King! The gateway began to open. The Umbrums began to come. One by one, a species of Umbrum came.

Sombra galloped away, knowing something was wrong with the Crystal Empire! As he teleported towards the entrance, he gasped quietly. His fallen Queen was surrounded by Umbrums! Their mouths drooled. They were starving! Within moments, they lunged at her body. Yet Sombra was faster! He put a force field around him and Chrysalis. He hen held her, trying to awaken his Queen. "Chrysalis! Wake up! Please! A-answer me...". Sombra glared at the umbrums, then teleported them to the cage. Sombra flew off as he carried her.

Sombra laid Chrysalis down on the couch as she moaned softly. He put his cloak on her. He then realized how thin she was! Sombra searched for her army, but all he saw was her general, Toady. He explained everything. How she fed on the rest of the hive, just to gain more power. How she thought this would make Sombra love her back...! Sombra blushed brightly, then smiled. He thanked him as he walked off, already knowing what to do. As he sat in front of Chrysalis, he smiled, gazing upon her beauty. Her brushed her hair to the side, leaned in, and shared his love once again. He helped start up her magic to help her feed. after that moment, Chrysalis snored softly. He sighed in relief. He then started to make tea for when she awakened.

A few hours later

Chrysalis moaned gently as she began to awakened. She smiled as she saw her king caressing her cheek. "Did you have a nice rest, My Queen?". "Heh, s-sort of. My head is pounding though.". She replied, smiling weakly. Sombra then looked concerned, "Why did you do that? With the Umbrums?". He asked. Chrysalis didn't answer. Sombra then continued, "That was very dangerous, you know. You could've gotten killed by them. I.... I was terrified.". Chrysalis's eyes widened! "Wh..... Why were you......?". Chrysalis managed to say. Sombra sighed, "I... I-I thought I might lose you....". Chrysalis blushed a bit. Sombra looked away. Chrysalis tried to sit up, but her back cracked a bit. "Gah!". She huffed. Sombra laid her back down, incredibly worried about her health. Chrysalis's eyes closed a bit. Sombra held her body up. "I shall get some tea...". He said, levitating the tea to her. Chrysalis was tired, upset, and disappointed in herself. She only made it worse by risking herself. Sombra noticed her pain as she looked at the ceiling. He caressed her cheek. Tears fell from her eyes. Sombra wiped her tears away. "Oh, My Queen. I'm sorry. Th-that contract was too much. Y.... you gave up everything, just to help. It isn't right.". Chrysalis sighed quietly. "I'm sorry....". She managed to say. Sombra then surprisingly hugged her. Chrysalis sobbed quietly as she hugged back. "Shhhhhhh.....". Sombra comforted.

to be continued....