Pre-Prologue

Sombra searched the castle, calling for his Queen. "My Queen? There's something I need to- GAH!". Sombra felt something crash on his head as he fell to the ground, barely conscious. Chrysalis had an evil smile on her face as she dragged him away. Sombra tried to call for help, but all he did was stutter. "Hey! What're you doing with the King?!". A guard exclaimed. Chrysalis then fell unconscious as Sombra's vision narrowed. "Chrys...alis...". He tried to say, reaching for her hoof.

Sombra awakened to the sound of whispering. As the three guards asked if he was feeling well, Sombra then asked frantically, "W-where's Chrysalis?!". "U-um. She's locked away. We've been punishing her since she tried to kill you!". The guard replied. Sombra didn't take the information lightly, "Help me up and bring me to her! NOW!". As the guards helped him to walk, he gasped as he saw Chrysalis barely awake. He managed to limp towards her. "My Queen?! W-wake up... please...". Sombra whispered. Chrysalis barely opened her eyes when she smiled weakly. "S-Sombra...". She managed to say. Sombra held her in his hooves as tears began to swell. "S... Sombra... Please.". Chrysalis said, reaching for his hoof. Sombra kissed her hoof gently as she smiled weakly. "Who did this to you...?". Sombra asked. Chrysalis lifted her hoof and pointed to the eldest guard. Sombra glared at the guard, putting two of them in the prison while chaining up the first guard. "My Queen... feed.". Sombra announced. He helped start up her magic as Chrysalis began to feed. Once the guard was skin and bones, Sombra smiled as he asked for a guard to take them to the bed. He wrapped his hoof around his Queen as she slept. Yet Sombra couldn't sleep. He gazed upon his Queen as she snorted softly. Sombra stared at the ceiling, thinking about what happened. He knew Chrysalis would never hurt him, since her eyes were bright blue instead of green. Something was controlling her, and he'll make sure he has vengeance!