A Long Waited Reunion

It had been 8,5 years since they last saw each other, but on June the 14th 2017, Rory and Logan ran into each other again in London at the Carlton Hotel.
Rory was there for a conference and so was Logan. But on this particular day Logan just finished a business meeting at the Carlton Hotel and Rory had just arrived at the hotel.
Logan walked out from the elevator at the hotel entrance and were on his way out, when he suddenly heard a voice that he recognized. Then he saw her. Rory Gilmore.

"Rory?" Logan asked while knocking on her
shoulder.
She turned around and looked surprised.

"Logan? How have you been?" Rory answered him.

"I've been great, you?"Logan told her while hugging her.

"I've been great, what's new with you?" Rory asked him while returning the hug.

"Believe it or not, I've actually taken over for my dad at the company. What about you?"Logan answered her. 

"Your kidding. I'm actually a VP at the company I work at." Rory told him.

Suddenly Logan got an emergency text from his work.

"Rory, I'm sorry but I have to leave, but please can we meet up for dinner?" Logan pleaded to her.

"Of course, just text me where you want to meet up." Rory answered him while handing him, her business card.

"I'll text you as soon as I'm done at work." Logan told her while handing her, his business card.

As soon as Logan had left, Rory cheeked into the hotel and went up to her floor, she walked into her hotel room. She sat down her baggage and texted her mom.

"Mooom.. I just meet Logan Huntzberger downstairs at my hotel" ~ Rory.

"What? Are you kidding? What did he say?" ~ Lorelei.

"He asked me out to dinner tonight.."~  Rory.

"Seriously? What are the chances of you two running into each other after all these years?" ~ Lorelei.

"It felt really weird, just running into him.. Tell me again why I agree to this dinner?" ~ Rory.

"Just for the fun of it." ~ Lorelei.

"How's dad? Just want to change the subject." ~ Rory.

"He's okey, considering his dad just died.."~ Lorelei.

"Just give him my love and tell him I'm thinking about him."~ Rory.

"I will kiddo. Text me later? "~ Lorelei.

After Rory had finished texting with Lorelei, she grabbed her computer and opened a word document.She then began working on a draft for the conference.

At the same time, Logan's work.

He couldn't believe he had just run into Rory again, after all these years. Good she had missed her. It had taken him so many years to get over her.. His first relationship after her had gone south since he still had feelings for her. But the truth was, he wasn't still completely over her. Seeing her again made the old feelings resurface. He wondered if she still had feelings for him.

Old Time's restaurant a few hours later.

Logan had been the first to arrive at the restaurant, he sat there with his eyes fixated at the door just waiting for her to arrive.
Once she did arrived, Logan couldn't take his eyes of her.
My god, she is still stunning. Logan thought.
He stood up from the table, to greet her.

"Thanks for agreeing to this dinner." Logan told her while giving her a hug.

"Of course, we haven't seen each other for so long, thought it would be fun." Rory told him while sitting down at the table.

"So at which paper do you work at?" Logan asked her although he already knew the answer.

"I work at the Chicago Gazette."Rory answered him.

"Aha, I've heard my dad talking about that paper being a great one." Logan told her.

"Speaking of your dad, how come you agreed to go into business with him?" Rory asked him curiously.

"He more or less forced me, but then just a few months later dad suffered a massive heart attack and were forced to retire." Logan answered her.

"I actually never thought you would work with him."Rory told him honestly.

"Well never either thought I". Logan told her.

"So how have you've been these last few years?" Rory asked him while drinking from her wine glass.

"To be honest, I weren't exactly in the best place after we broke up. It got pretty dark there for a while. "Logan answered her honestly while biting his lip.

"Yeah.. I wasn't in the best way either for the first year. But then I got offered a place on Barack Obamas Presidential campaign and that was my turning point. I still thought about you for a couple of years."Rory told him.

"Wow you worked on the presidential campaign?" Logan asked her surprised.

"Yes I did, it was amazing and I learned a lot of valuable things."Rory answered him.

"So you're here for the conference?" Logan asked her.

"Yes I am, and you?" Rory answered him.

"Actually I am here for the conference."Logan told her while drinking from his glass.

"Are you staying at the hotel?"Rory asked him.

"Actually no, I'm live just a few blocks from here. I had a meeting at the hotel."Logan answered her.

"You are living here in London? Since when?"Rory asked him while taking a bite from her food.

"I've lived here for about 4,5 years. I actually started up the headquarters here."Logan answered her.

"That's great Logan, by the way how's Honor?" Rory asked him.

"Honor is doing great, she now has two children with Josh." Logan answered her.

When they had finished the dinner, Logan asked if he could follow her back to her hotel.

"Do you mind if I follow you back to the hotel?"Logan asked her.

"I don't mind Logan, I'm actually not that used to London."Rory answered him while grabbing her coat.

They walked out from the restaurant, they decided to walk back to the restaurant instead of taking a cab. 

"So this is kind of weird." Rory told him honestly.

"Why? Did I do anything?" Logan asked her.

"No you haven't done anything, it's just I think it's weird running into you after all these years." Rory answered him.

"It is weird Ace." Logan told her while suddenly realized what he said.

"You called me Ace. It's been forever since I heard that." Rory told him while stopping suddenly.

"I'm sorry Rory, I shouldn't have called you that."Logan apologized to her.

"It's fine Logan, I'm just shocked to hear you call me that." Rory told him reassuringly.

"It just came out from my mouth, it felt like old times." Logan told her.

"Yes it did." Rory told him.

A few minutes later they arrived at the hotel and they said goodbye to each other.
Logan kissed her on her cheek, that had made Rory blush.
They had promised each other to keep in touch and try to meet up at the conference. Rory walked towards the elevators and went upstairs to her floor. She walked into her hotel room, took of her shoes and laid down on the bed. She took a deep breath and started to go through everything that had happened the last few hours.

The next two chapters will be flashbacks from both Rory & Logans perspectives.