•1•

-Will-

Change is a strange thing.

You either like it, or ignore it, or accept it, maybe even dislike it.
But you can also have a fear of it.
'Do not fear change' Will's mother would say, 'everything happens for a reason.'
She would also say that it is a lesson, that we are teaching our selfs in a way, through the choices we make, and if they lead to mistakes or achievements, there is always opportunity.
If that was so Will Byers saw no lesson behind his life so far. He only saw dread, dread and pain.

Yet he was in fear of change.

Will often wondered to himself why he had cried when his mother had told him and his older brother, Johnathan, of the divorce. Why had he gone numb when he was told that the man that had torn his flesh and ruined his self esteem for good was about to be ridden from his life. That he would never have to come in contact with him again, he would never have to see his father again.

Because he was afraid.

He was afraid for what was yet to come for his family, for his mother. How could she afford it? Lonnie was the one bringing home the money, the one who still owned the vast percentage of it. But Lonnie was gone, no more Lonnie. Joyce would have to get a job, she'd have to get a job and work long hours, leaving him and Johnathan alone. He was so used to coming home to his mothers comforting arms but soon he would be rid of that feeling, for things would have to change.
But it was not the well being that frightened Will the most, it was the part that they were moving, moving far far away from the city. 'Away from the noise' his mother said in urge to comfort him 'you always said about how the loudness scared you.'

But that comfort was not enough, no it was the people, there were all types of people out there, but they all fit into two main genres, the good and the bad.
Will believed he had a pretty good image of which is which.

Yet unfortunately for him most of the people who had come into his life were all part of the bad.

•••

'Will sweetie! Time to wake up honey! First day of school'
Joyce Byers called her son from the hallway of her house, it was September the 1st of 1982, also known as the first day of school for Will Byers.

Will was laying in bed whilst his mother gently tapped on his bedroom door, starting at the ceiling. He sighed quietly then slowly folded back his covers and sat up, then swung his legs over the side of his single bed and opened his door to his mother, who was resetting her watch for work.

Will looked at his mother as she walked back down the hall into the kitchen speaking to his elder brother, Johnathan, asking him if he could take Will to school on his first day.

School.

Will didn't like school- well is that unusual for any 12 year old boy? It wasn't that he was not smart, because he was rather in fact, it was the whole concept of making friends and maybe enemies. He had made a lot of those, but not through his hatred for them, his snide remarks to them, it was just them. They just never liked him. Which resulted in bullying also resulting in his mother complaining, causing even more bullying. Every school had their bully's. Will was always the main target.

"Ok Will, Johnathan's gonna take you to school today and he will meet you at the end of the day to pick you up. Is that ok?"
"Yeah."
"And I've made you lunch, your favourite, so you won't have to worry about getting it."
"Thanks mom." He mumbled starting at the toast that had just been placed in front of him.
"You'll be fine honey." Joyce said patting him on the head smiling almost pitifully, "If you need anything Johnathan is there all day with you, okay?"
Will just nodded in response as his brother sat opposite him.
"Well I have to go to work now, so I'll see you tonight at 8... maybe? Tell me all about your first day, love you two, bye!"

And with that she closed the front door, leaving Johnathan and Will Byers alone, until most likely 10pm that night. "Don't worry buddy, it'll be fine." Johnathan said in hope of comforting him. It'll be fine.
Will thought.
Why does everyone lie to me.

"Yeah," Will replied, "it'll be fine."

•••

AN// HEY!

So here is the first chapter, it is unedited but I'll go back and edit it later. So I am currently sat in a car waiting for the pickup peeps to collect me and my fam as we have been sat in this car for 3 hours, and I have 20% and I've used all my data oops. Well good bye and hope y'all are as excited as I am that SEASON 2 COMES OUT IN 2 DAYS HDUWNDOKAKDKWK.
Bye!