•9•

Will

Will Byers woke up the next morning oblivious to the fact that he had not truly slept or interacted with Mike Wheeler in any form since yesterday after noon.
Getting out of bed he stretched his cramped limbs, throwing the twisted, sweat drenched blanket that was tangled around his short legs into a heap on the floor. He slowly padded to the bathroom, quietly, oh so quietly, for  Will Byers could not be loud.

Once the chain was pulled Will listened to the rushing water erupting from the toilet bowl. His mind was blank. He held the knowledge of yesterday's events perfectly, though they did not bother his mind at the moment, his mind that was most corrupted by his horrors and fears during the darkness of the night.

•••

"Will honey! Johnathan made you eggs!" Joyce called from the kitchen, where she stood counting out change on the table. Will breathed in slightly as he walked down the hall, he knew he would have to tell- lie to his mother about how great his day was, how there is no need the threat and that he is perfectly ok, cause he couldn't make his mom deal with any more if his problems, she'd already done that enough. She was tired and Will had to let her rest, for he was already a terrible son as it was.

After counting the correct amount of coins Joyce slid them of the table into her palm, shoving them into her work coats pocket and putting the left over money back in the savings jar, the jar that held a pitiful amount of cash, barley reaching a third full.
With out looking at her son Joyce began to ask, "Morning Will, how was school?" She walked over to the living room in search for her keys.
"It was good." Will said blandly, sitting before the plate of eggs and slightly charred bread made for him.
"Make any friends?"
Will paused.
Mike
Lucas
Dustin
Were they his friends? They had surely acted like it... but on the events if yesterday would they still wish to be his companion?
"Y-yes." He spat out, holding back a small whimper, his shoulder had just come into mind again.
"Really? Oh that's great sweetie!" Joyce sounded exhilarated, she clutched her keys in her hands and walked over to Will, planting a loving kiss on his head, "See? I knew that there was something different about this town!"
To Joyce it just felt like a new start, with thousands of possibilities. No matter what those possibilities may be, this family, the Byers, are really going to get it.
Really, really going to get it.

•••

Wills stomach churned as he stared at the half eaten plate of eggs. He knew he would be urged to finish the plate, it wasn't even that big a portion really, but Will could not finish it.
"Ok boys, I'm off to work now, I'll see you around 7ish," Joyce told her sons whisky unlocking the front door, "and Will, eat your breakfast, got that?"
"Yes mom."
"Good boy, have a great day!"
Then she left.

The only noise that could be heard between the brothers was the thundering water as Johnathan cleared the dishes, the faint creek of the back doors hinges as it swayed in the cold wind, the scraping of cutlery as Will tried to obey his mothers orders that he was to finish his eggs.

"Thanks for breakfast." Will said happily as he could, pushing his chair back from the table and holding back a gag as he felt the after taste of the food in his mouth, the amount he ate dawning over him, causing him to cringe. He placed his plate at the sink and left the room.

"No problem bud, get ready to go, we have to leave in 5 minuets!" Johnathan replied, putting the wet plates in the rack to dry.

"Get ready to go to school." Will said to himself.

School.

Mike was at school.

Troy was at school too.