Day 2 - Date Night (BatCat Week 2017)

It had been six months since Selina's return to Gotham. Between her stealing things and Bruce saving the day they had been seeing one another. Selina still wasn't entirely sure how it had happened. Not that she was complaining. It was nice having a good looking billionaire playboy buy her dinner once, sometimes twice, a week. Or it was nice. They hadn't gone out for nearly a month now. 

Gotham seemed to need Bruce more than ever right now and Selina understood that, but she wasn't going to lie, she was getting a little frustrated. Unknown to Selina, Bruce had picked up on her frustration. Then again it wasn't that hard since she was currently ignoring his calls and texts. Fortunately Bruce knew exactly how to make it up to her. 

Selina had been out all day so Bruce had quietly broken into her apartment in order to set up a romantic dinner. Of course, since he couldn't cook to save his life, Bruce had gotten Alfred to come to the apartment to prepare the dinner. Whilst Alfred did that, Bruce prepped the table.

He laid out the knives and forks, set out the wine glasses and the bottle of wine as well as placing a few candles around the room. He also placed a couple of candles, which were in fancy silver candlesticks, in the center of the table. 

Bruce was finishing up lighting the candles when Alfred exited the kitchen with two plates. As he set them on the table, Bruce could see what Alfred had prepared. Two traditional steak dinners.

"It looks delicious. Thank you for helping Alfred." Bruce said. 

"It was no trouble at all, Master Bruce. Now I shall make myself scarce as I suspect Ms Kyle will be here any minute." Alfred replied. "Have a lovely evening sir." 

"You too, Alfred." Once Alfred had left, Bruce dimmed the lights, took his seat and waited for Selina to arrive. It wasn't long before he heard the door opening and Selina's laugh. Immediately he stood and got ready to greet her.

"Thank you for a great day Holly." Selina called after her friend who was already halfway down the hallway. 

She rose her hand in response. "Anytime Sel." she called back. Holly had taken Selina out to make her feel better about Bruce being gone constantly. They hadn't gone and done things that people normally did when they went out together. No. Instead they'd gone out and had browsed possible marks for Selina. Had it made her feel better? Yes, but only a little. 

She sighed as she closed her apartment door behind her. This was ridiculous. She didn't need him to be happy. Hell she didn't need anyone for her to be happy. She never did. So why the fuck did she keep moping around? She shook her head. Maybe a drink would clear her head. That's when she noticed the candles. She smiled and made her way towards the dining room. 

"You know, you should have told me you were doing this. It would have given me a chance to wear my new dress." Selina said as she entered the room. 

Bruce chuckled. "And ruin the surprise? Never." He had his usual winning billionaire smile on and Selina couldn't help, but roll her eyes at it. She couldn't remember a time recently when he didn't have it on. 

She then turned her gaze to the table. When she saw the food Selina realised just how hungry she was. Yes, she'd had something at lunch, but that had been hours ago now. She didn't have to ask who'd cooked. It actually looked edible so it was obvious who had made it. Selina made her way towards the table and Bruce quickly moved to help her into her seat. Normally she would have protested however she decided to let him do so for tonight. He was apologizing after all and she felt that it would rude to stop him from doing the gesture. 

"Can I interest you in a glass of wine?" Bruce asked. 

Selina laughed. "Do you really need to ask?" 

He chuckled a little. "I suppose not." he replied as he opened the bottle and poured them both a glass.

"So," Selina begun as Bruce handed her the glass before taking his seat, "tell me. Is this store bought or what survived the fire?" 

"Actually the fire barely touched the cellar." 

"Really? Wow, Lady Luck really is always on your side isn't she. Now let's start eating because I am starving." 

For a majority of the dinner they were silent. Mainly because Selina was more concerned with eating rather than talking. She was finishing up her wine when Bruce decided to break the silence between them. 

"I'm sorry for not being around much lately..."

"Bruce stop." Selina said, cutting him off. "You don't need to apologize. I understand why you haven't been around it just...it gets annoying sometimes." 

Bruce nodded. "I understand and I'm going to do my best to make more time for you, for us. I promise." 

Selina smiled. "I know you say you're terrible at this type of thing, but honestly? You're better at it than you think. Now," she placed her now empty glass on the table, got up and began to make her way towards Bruce, "the dinner was great. The wine, excellent. The candles are a nice touch too. There's only one thing missing though. Especially if you want my forgiveness." 

Bruce rose an eyebrow. In the candlelight she could see the look of complete and utter confusion written across his face. Once she was in touching distance of him, Selina wrapped his tie around her hand and pulled him into a passionate kiss. She soon broke the kiss. When she had, she was quick to then straddle his lap. Selina laughed. "I think you know what I have in mind." she purred. 

Bruce chuckled as his hands came to rest on her waist. "Mmmm, I think I do as well." 

Yes, this would be the perfect way for him to apologize.

Remember, if you enjoyed this and would like more batcat one shots vote and/or comment to let me know!