Day 2 - Chase (BatCat Week 2018 - Part 2)

Bruce left the museum so quickly he could have given the Flash a run for his money. Since he had been planning on going on patrol the second he got out anyway, his other suit was already in his car waiting for him.

A few minutes later and he was back inside the museum, but in a suit he felt much more comfortable in. The GCPD still weren't the biggest fans of him, so he made sure to stay out of sight.

The GCPD were crawling all over the museum and there was no doubt in his mind that they had probably destroyed most of the vital evidence to catching the culprit. That was going to make his job a lot harder.

When there was an opening, Bruce quickly and quietly made his way over to the display case. The wires to the display's alarm had been cut and a hole had been cut into the glass just big enough for the statue.

The theft was done by a professional and, as far as he could tell the theft had taken place just a few minutes before the display was meant to be revealed. The long drawn out speech probably helped with that.

The circle of glass that had been removed was on the floor, at the foot of the display. Examining it closer, he noticed five grooves in the glass. There was one on one side and four on another, which were evenly spaced. He was guessing that the top had been where the four grooves were.

Bruce took a dusting for each groove in hopes that whatever was used to make them left something behind. Before he was able to continuing examining the crime scene, one of the police officers spotted him.

"Oi! Stop right there! You're under arrest for tampering with a crime scene and vigilantism!" He yelled, gun out, heading straight for Bruce. His yelling had got the attention of the other officers in the museum. It was time to go. He reached into his belt, took out a smoke pellet and threw it on the floor. As he grappled up to the skylight, several guns were fired at where he was just seconds ago.

A couple hours later and Bruce was back in the batcave going over what evidence he had managed to collect, which wasn't much. From the grooves he had managed to get some small sliver from some kind of metal. Unfortunately there wasn't enough to tell him what type of metal. As a result, he had the batcomputer running a search for similar thefts.

"Back already sir?" Alfred asked, setting silver tray with a teapot, teacup and a plate of his homemade cookies on the desk. Bruce hid it, but the butler had managed to make him jump slightly. He hadn't heard him enter the cave, much less approach the batcomputer.

"There was a theft at the museum. The new display was stolen right before it was revealed. I have the computer searching for possible leads." he explained.

"Think any of the usual suspects are responsible?"

"No, they're all behind bars. Even if they weren't, I doubt any of them would have been able to pull something like this off."

"Good luck on your search Master Bruce."

"Uh Alfred, thank you for the cookies."

"Anytime sir."

As Alfred left the batcave, Bruce started eating the cookies. For as long as he could remember, no matter what, he had always loved Alfred's homemade cookies. A few minutes later and the police radio he had set up next to the batcomputer started up.

There was another robbery in place. This time, however, the culprit had been caught in the act and the GCPD had them cornered. Someone by the alias of Catwoman. Without wasting a second, he was out of his chair and in the batmobile. Hopefully he would get there in time.