Day 5 - Batkittens (BatCat Week 2017)

Bruce groaned a little as he got into the batmobile and started the engine, ready to finally head back to the Manor. Tonight had been far more demanding of him than any other night had been in the past month.

Everything hurt. He hadn't been stabbed or shot or anything like that. He was just horribly bruised. Bruce had not been expecting to fight so many henchmen at one time.

He was sure if his muscles could they would be screaming at him to stop moving and he wish he could, but he had to drive. Usually he would use the autopilot however he'd had to disable it earlier that night as it was playing up and he hadn't had the time to fix it before patrol.

He couldn't wait to get back to the Manor. To get back to Selina, his wife, and their daughter Helena.

Helena. God, just her name brought a smile to his face. In the few short months that she had been in the world she had lit his world up like no other. That's why he and Selina had picked the name Helena. In Greek it meant 'shining light'

That wasn't to say his other children hadn't lit up his world, because they had. He seriously doubted he would be here now if they hadn't. It was just...with her it was different and he couldn't explain nor could he figure out why it was different. It just was.

When he got back to the Cave, Bruce immediately made his way up to the Manor and to Helena's bedroom. Like every night since she had been born, he wanted to see her before he retired to his own bedroom. He removed his cowl as he made his way there.

As to not wake her, Bruce very quietly entered her bedroom. He silently made his way across the room and over to her crib. That was when he discovered her missing. Had he not been so tired he would have been able to come up with a perfectly logical explanation as to where she was. Unfortunately he was tired and as a result he entered a completely illogical panic.

Instantly he sprinted to his and Selina's bedroom. His mind was already running through a ton of different possibilities that could've happened. He pretty much burst into the room and was about to tell Selina that Helena was gone when he saw her in her arms, nursing. He sighed with relief.

Selina looked up at him a little confused. "You alright?" she asked her evidently disheveled husband.

"Yeah, I am. I just thought..." he trailed off.

"You thought she was missing? Damn, tonight must have taken a lot out of you." Selina replied.

Bruce chuckled a little as he sat down on the bed next to them. "Something like that." He gave Selina a quick kiss and turned his attention back to Helena. That's when he noticed it in her hands. "Is that my spare cowl?"

Selina nodded. "A couple hours after you left she woke up and wouldn't stop crying till I gave it to her. I think she missed you."

He smiled. "I missed you too." he told Helena in a soft voice. He then gave her a small kiss before looking back up at Selina and kissed her again. "I love you, Selina."

"I love you too Bruce." 

As promised here is the link to the playlist I made for Day 4. Enjoy! https://open.spotify.com/user/melonbiskitqueen/playlist/3vQeTsaUwOPk8ng6LolIsq Remember, if you enjoyed this and would like more batcat one shots vote and/or comment to let me know!