Thief's End? (Rebirth)

supercapo16 on tumblr said: Selina dealing with not having to be a thief now that she's going to be Mrs Kyle-Wayne

Selina sighed. It had only been a few hours since she had decided that she was going to give up her cat burglar ways now that she was marrying Bruce and she was already dying. Considering she hadn't stolen anything for a few months she thought this would be easy, but now that she no longer had the option, there was nothing she wanted to do more.

Selina looked over at her suit. It was on a clothes hanger which was hanging from the door of her wardrobe. Maybe she just needed to get it out of her system? One more heist. That was all she was going to do. That's all she needed to do, to get it out of her system.

She got up from her sofa, put her suit on, jumped from her balcony and disappeared off into the night.

The jewelry store she was headed for was one of the old, but still popular stores. She'd robbed the place multiple times in the past so she knew how to do it without anyone ever discovering something was missing.

The alarm system was old. That meant it was easily disabled. The place had nothing in the way of security cameras. Apparently the owner still believed they didn't need them. The owner also kept the ledger of everything they had in store on the desk in their office. Honestly, they were asking for someone to steal from them.

Once the alarm was disabled, Selina entered and began to browse the display cases. She passed the case of engagement rings, but didn't bother looking at them. None of them could compare to the beauty of the ring Bruce had given her.

It wasn't long before she found herself opening the display cases to the necklaces and picked up the most expensive one there. She then rearranged the display so it was impossible to tell that something was missing.

Selina made her way to the back of the store, where the office was, and rewrote the ledger so that there was no trace that the necklace had ever existed. After she left, she of course made sure to turn the alarm back on.

She was about to make her way back home with her newly acquired necklace when she felt an all too familiar presence. She sighed.

"I thought you said you weren't going to do this anymore?"

"I know what I said, Bruce. I just needed to get it out of my system. I'm done with it now, I promise."

"What happens when they figure out something's missing?"

"They won't. I've made sure of it."

"I can't convince you to put it back or give it to me, can I?"

"Huh, so you really are the world's greatest detective. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going home to try on my new necklace."

It had been a few months since Selina's last heist and so far so good. No one had figured out the necklace was missing and her urge to steal appeared to be gone.

Right now Selina was getting ready to go to some Wayne Enterprises Gala Bruce was dragging her to. Normally he wouldn't because Selina would usually size everyone up and decide who had the most expensive jewelry before swiftly stealing it and disappearing. That and he knew she hated this kind of thing. She knew he was taking her along because it was a test. He wanted to see if she was truly giving up her thieving ways. Selina finished putting on her lipstick and smiled at herself in the mirror. It was all going to be fine. The night was going to fly by and she wasn't going to slip up once.

There was a knock on the door. She turned and standing in the doorway was Bruce. He was looking as handsome as ever in his black tux.

"You ready to go?" he asked.