Chapter 30

Second day of school. Yay.

Cera was really proud of Alec for letting his pride go. He tolerated Josh all day- which wasn't easy, considering Alec, Cera, and Josh had almost identical schedules. In six classes, the only ones they didn't have together as a trio was third and fifth. Third, Josh and Cera had together, alone. Fifth, Alec and Cera had alone. Chris and Gabe only had the same second and sixth with them. Alec would let Cera have her space and backed off so she could talk to Josh, her friend that she hasn't seen in years. But it was driving him crazy. Cera seemed a lot more affectionate towards Josh. She would touch his arms, playfully hit him, and even held his hand under the table, which Alec could see since he sat directly behind them. It made his eye twitch.
"Dude." Gabe had got his attention. Alec looked at him, stunned. "Stop looking at them. You're being weird." He scolded.

Today wouldn't be any different. Cera was still catching up with her old friend which meant he was kinda pushed to the side lines.

Meanwhile, Cera thought everything was fine. After all, why would there be a problem? Really, she was glad Alec was giving her a little space. She didn't feel bothered by him, rather, she just didn't want him getting bored of her.

During lunch, Cera managed to get the boys to let her go to her locker alone. She didn't want to hold the boys up and just wanted a minute to herself, anyway. Cera dug through her locker, switching out her books, note books, and folders, when she heard,
"Cera?" Cera turned her head and saw Kiley. She cut her hair over the summer, making it a bob cut. She wore a light blue loose shirt and ripped jeans that rolled up passed her ankles. She looked pretty.
"Kiley." Cera said, monotoned, feeling her stomach drop. They stood awkwardly for a second together.
"... I saw Josh is here. I haven't seen him since the summer after freshman year." They were quiet another second. Cera didn't know what to do or to say. Suddenly, Kiley tried to smile. "You remember that time you and Josh-"
"Why are you here?" Cera demanded with a straight face. Kiley let her smile disappear. Cera was still cold.
"I-I came to apologize again." Kiley said, hesitantly.
"Why?" Cera glared.
"Because I miss my best friend." Kiley wanted to cry. Tears had already started to threaten to fall- against her attempts to hold them in.
"Yeah? Me too." Cera turned her head away to finish loading her bag. Kiley stepped forward, trying to reach Cera on an emotional level.
"Cera, please! I know I messed up. I was the worst friend in the world and I deserve every harsh word you gave me. But..." Kiley sniffled. "I miss you! I'm sorry and I've apologized as much as I could! I don't know what to do to gain your trust back- just tell me what to do! ... want me to kick Ben's ass? I'll do it! Gladly!"
"I thought you were screwing him." Cera spat, not glancing at her.
"We used to." Kiley scoffed and rolled her eyes. "But we stopped as soon as that day in the cafeteria. As soon as I knew he had planned to hurt you from the begining... and after you slapped me..." Her voice drifted off. Cera looked at her, kinda wanting to continue the conversation. Kiley looked up, shrugging off her thoughts. "I deserved it. I know that. But It's been months. I've been alone ever since that day... I just need my friend." Kiley was trying so hard to get Cera to forgive her and it was working. Cera missed having a girl to talk to. Someone to take her shopping and make her try on pretty dresses and smell perfumes.  Someone to talk about boys or bras with. Just a girl.
"And where were you when you started screwing Alec?" Cera spat. "Or when I went on my first date with Ben? You remember, don't you? When you decide to go have an early Valentines day with Alec instead of helping your friend? Or how about when I went to do my SAT last year? Huh? Remember how you couldn't come and meet me at the library to wish me luck because you were invited to a movie with your other friends? Or how about the time you actually screwed my boyfriend!" Kiley flinched at Cera's words. "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU, HUH?" Cera didn't even realize she was yelling.
"I'm sorry." Kiley squeaked out. Cera scoffed.
"I've heard that too many damn times in my life." She spat. Kiley didn't respond. They stood there for a long moment. Cera was steaming with anger. She let herself calm down before speaking. "I'll tell you what. Just to make sure I'm not being unreasonable, I'll make you a deal. Get Alec to- not only forgive you- but convince Gabe and Chris to welcome you back to the group. That happens, maybe we can start to entertain the possibility of us being friends again." Cera spat and walked away, leaving Kiley alone, crying, in the hallway.

Loving A DeformityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara