Violet

Now, this has happened before. I've fallen for someone who already has a red string, this is nothing new. This is usually something normal for someone without a special connection with someone.

Apparently, those who don't have an actual bond with someone, then had feelings even they don't want. Feelings they'll regret. My feelings.

Lola, a sweet girl, was one of many people I have fallen for. There was Jake Michaels, captain of the football team. Then there was Charlotte Leanne, one of the art kids. The list goes on, and it goes back and forth and soon there is a pattern.

You might be wondering why Lola said she isn't supposed to tell who her red string connects to. Well, apparently, if you do end up telling people that, it could jinx you. Somehow, it could actually make the special connection disappear, and you'll end up like me I suppose.

I don't really believe in that, to be honest. I mean what can I really say? I never had one to begin with, so where's my problem with that?

Getting out of my car, I don't even try to get into my house quickly, I just stand there, as the rain took its time to make its way to me. The wind began to pick up, and I could hear thunder surround me. This, is what I call a good time.

No one is bothering you, no one tries messing around with you. That's what I love about all this. Storms are my escape. Escape from life, reality.

"Tairus, get in here. What do you think you're doing in the rain?" I could hear my mother yell for me, but I ignored her. I know, not very smart of me.

But, she knows that I love it out here, and she seems to know I'm not in the best place right now to get lectured, so when I do get inside, she's sitting in her chair and when she looks up at me, she has a faint smile on her face.

Everyone seems to be smiling so much today, what is with that? Everywhere I go, there's a smile. Only a few times today have I seen someone who wasn't wearing a huge smile on their face. This isn't a dream, right? Wow, if it was, this could've been way better.

Rolling my eyes and laughing out loud, I sat down on the couch that sits in front of the TV, and began to watch whatever show was on.

Turns out, it wasn't a TV show. Instead, it was a movie. What movie? Well-

"Enchanted! I love Enchanted!" I hear my little brother yell, as he hears the beginning start to play.

"Hey, little Mike. Have you seen my brother around here? Last time I checked, he wasn't as loud as you." I hugged him and he just made a sound that obviously meant he was disgusted.

"Why are your clothes so wet? Were you out in the rain? I told you-"

"Okay, dad I get it." I laughed and messed up his hair as he stuck his tongue out at me. Mike, he wants to be a doctor when he's older. So, because I am just so nice to him, I let him use me as a test dummy. Brilliant, I know.

"Hey kids, what do you want for dinner? I want to order Chinese, but I also want to make a home cooked meal." We all looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"Yeah, okay mom. You enjoy your burnt waffles as we," picking up Mike, I continue, "go out and get Chinese."

"Hey! That was one time!" Mom then stood up and walked with us outside, where we noticed it stopped raining. The sky was clear, and the sun was now just setting the perfect scene.

Blue and pink, like cotton candy, the sky was beautiful.

Getting into the car, I stared out the window. Doing so, I saw a dog, and instantly screamed.

I could see my mom rolling her eyes, being way too used to this.

Opening the door to walk out, I trip and land on my right leg. Pain shot through me all at once, and I began to scream.

Tears ran down my face as I tried to stand up, but the pain was just too much. Feeling my leg, I could feel where I messed it up at, which made it even worse.

Now, how was I able to trip and this happen? Well, when I said car, I meant this huge truck. And when I mean walked out, I meant jumped out, then managed to then trip and end up on my leg.

I could hear Mike crying and screaming too as my mom is trying to help me, while she begins to call my father. Now, my father is an actual doctor, and is a reason why Mike wanted to be a doctor.

Anyways, a little later, I'm being rushed to the hospital, and all I hear is screaming and questions being thrown my way. Before I could even know what was really going on, I could hear Lola's voice, she seemed to be talking to my mother.

"Hello, Mrs.Ryan, I am Lola. I work here in my spare time, I can get Tairus to a room as soon as I can."

That's when everything went black.