Dance

My mom pulls me aside, and tells me how this all went down. How, Lola and her talked it over, and even though it would break Jane's heart, they have to keep Lola away from me.

Though, I'm surprised Lola was fine with that. I'm surprised that she'd be okay with ignoring the ones she's supposedly connected with.

"But... Jane? What about her feelings?"

"Jane... Just... She can't know. She's too..."

"Too what, nice? Innocent? Oh because that makes it any better."

Tears collect in my eyes, and I notice Jane is staring at me now.

"Tairus, what's wrong?"

"I...I... Bit my tongue. Yeah, it hurts a lot." I rub my face and go over to her, grab her hand, and walk outside to my mom's new car.

"Where are we going? Wouldn't your mom want to know where you're going?"

"Well, we talked it over, and I'm taking you home. Don't worry- She told me where you live."

Jane goes to say something, but stops, and buckles her seat belt.

Tears are now running down my face as I feel them drip down onto my lap.

Starting up the car, we still there for a moment, in pure silence.

I think about telling her the truth, what is going on without her knowing, but I just couldn't do that.

"So, Jane, Lola and you are a... Thing, right?"

A smile begins to glow on her face. Her eyes have stars in her eyes.

"Yup, we're together! I'm... So happy. You know? This girl I've always kinda had feelings for, she has her connection with me!"

Joy is all I hear from her, and I smile.

"That's nice, huh? I'm happy for you guys."

We pull up to her house, and Lola is there. She's sitting on her porch, and she has a bouquet of tulips.

"Lola!"

Lola looks up and smiles at her, but then her eyes travel over to me and the smile is gone.

"Hey, I'm gonna..." I sit in the car, and wave goodbye, as I watch Jane and Lola hug. Lola, she's watching me drive away.

Taking in a deep breath, I begin to cry. I hated this, lying to someone who I'm friends with.

Pushing the tears away, I stop at the light, and look to see if there were any cars in the area. Seeing none in my way, I drive forward even if it were red.

Arriving home, I open the door and slam it shut.

"So you're telling me that Lola has to fake her feelings and drag Jane into a fake spiral? Are you kidding me!"

"Tairus-"

"No, mom! That's bullshit! This even good for their mental state!"

"Tairus, listen-"

"You listen! This isn't-"

"Jane knows!"

"... What?"

"She knows it all, I called her, she told me how you just dropped her off, and I had to... I had to tell her. She was so heartbroken, Tairus. I could hear the tears in her voice as she told me she was okay about it..."

My mom is quiet now, and so am I.

She told her, my mother, she told Jane, the truth. Oh my god, Jane.

A clock ticks, and suddenly I'm dancing the tango with Jane. Neither of us are enjoying it, but we dance along anyways.

A hand is on my shoulder, it's Lola. What do i do? Hand over Jane, or myself? It's a hard choice. Who do I make happy? Jane, or myself?

An alarm goes off and Jane is on a swing with Lola. They are going at different speeds, and different heights.

I run over to the swing that's nearby, and instantly try to beat them both. But, what is this? I'm 10× slower than both of them, and I suddenly am jumping off the swing.

My eyes open, and I shake my head. My mom is standing in front of me, hugging me. She seems to be saying something, but I can't understand her.

"What? What are you saying?" I try to say, but my words are shortened.

I look down, and, oh my god, everything goes bright.

"Tairus, do you want to hang out with us today? Lola and I are really bored at the moment."

"Sure, I'll drive over there later."

I put down my phone, and began to play with someones hair. Who is this? Why is their hair so... So... Soft? I could mess with it all day!

"You just really enjoy my hair, don't you?"

A/N: sorry for the short chapter, but that's it for this one! Also, I've been drawing what the characters look like, and am wondering if you guys would enjoy seeing them? Please do tell me.
Also, who do you guys think the mystery person is at the end ;)